Once upon a time — or more accurately, back in the 1970s — the van reigned supreme. Riding-in right on the heels of the fading muscle car era, the custom van became the ultimate self-expression vehicle– tricked-out and personalized to show all the world just how your bad self rolled. Continue reading »
Last Delivery of Brand New VW Campervans Arrives in the UK After Brazil Factory Stops Production of Iconic Vehicles
The last ever delivery of brand new Volkswagen campervans has arrived in Britain, heralding the end of an era for the iconic ‘hippy bus’. Ninety-nine of the final batch of vans rolled off the production line and onto a container ship bound for Britain after manufacture ceased for good in Brazil in December. The consignment has just arrived at the only British importer, but already most of them have been snapped up by enthusiasts more than happy to pay the £35,000 starting price.
They are the last brand new campers in all of Europe.
The last new consignment ever of VW campervans arrives at Southampton docks. (Danbury/BNPS)
Continue reading »
- Cool Old Photos Show What School Looked Like In The 1970s
- Delightfully Sarcastic Illustrations Everyone Will See Themselves In
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Heart-Warming Illustrations of True Love in All Its Beauty and Joy
- Life-Size Cardboard Figures By Warren King
- Designer Problems Turned Into Funny Comics
- A-Z As Game Of Thrones Characters By Kerry Bell Is The Most Creative Thing You’ll See Today
- 15 Things Every Single Girl Can Relate To
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms