From 2009 to 2011, Josef Hoflehner watched passenger planes landing at Princess Juliana International Airport on the Dutch/French Caribbean island of St Maarten/St Martin. Nothing extraordinary in plane spotting. But this airport is within splashing distance of Maho Beach, a spot popular with tourists. In 2011 the runway was lengthened, but back then jets passed just four meters over the heads of sunbathers. Continue reading »
Kate Middleton has escaped the British winter to holiday on the posh Caribbean island of Mustique.
Mustique calls itself the world’s finest private island retreat. Located in the Grenadines — most of which form part of the nation of St. Vincent and the Grenadines — it boasts about 100 private villas, nine pristine beaches flanked by coral reefs, the Cotton House boutique hotel, the Firefly, world renowned basil’s Beach Bar, and a health spa, scuba-diving facility, equestrian center, and thriving tennis club.
Raw, natural beauty, elegant accommodation, and a simple lifestyle draw those with means to this luxurious 1,400-acre getaway each year.
Simplicity Beach, Mustique (Jason Pratt) Continue reading »
Branson first became aware that some of the islands in the British Virgin Islands were for sale in 1979. In 1978 he went to the British Virgin Islands for a holiday in order to investigate the prospective real estate. On first observing the islands, he envisioned using them to put up rock stars for his record label. Upon arrival, they were given a luxury villa and travelled around islands for sale by helicopter. Continue reading »
- Photoshop Master Showed Why We Should Not Believe Photos In Social Networks
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Incredible Photos Of Two Roman Ships Which Were Recovered After 2,000 Years In 1929 And Lost Again During WWII
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- Russian Lara Croft Cosplayer Ended Up In A Grip Of A Massive Bear
- This Artist Draws Comics To Blow Off Some Steam During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits Of Famous Historical Figures And Their Direct Descendants
- Vintage Portraits Of Psychiatric Patients In The Late 19th Century
- From Amazing To Downright Scary, These 69 Design Decisions In Soviet Apartment Buildings In Lithuania Are Far From Boring