There are many Soviet-era remnants scattered all over the Russian Federation, but few as blatant as this old Zighuli car covered in Persian-style rugs that recently went viral on social media. Continue reading »
Mateo is a french artist based in Montreal. He is best known for his baroque street art inspired by ornaments from around the world, as well as for his striking oriental carpet paintings, resulting in a mix of urban art with the heritage of ancient cultures. Continue reading »
The greatest thing about the internet is that no matter how long you have been using it, it still has the ability to surprise you. Would you have ever thought that there’s a guy who takes pictures of hotel carpets and posts them on Instagram? Continue reading »
Russian people love carpets. Especially in Soviet Union there was an obsession with carpets, practically every apartment had one, not always on the floor, often hanging on the wall as decoration as well. But not always they keep carpets inside. Here are examples of use of carpets outside. Continue reading »
ABC Carpet & Home has launched its latest campaign, “The Genesis of Design.” Featuring the eco-conscious Alchemy rug collection, renowned photographer Jason Madara digs deep and shot the rugs 500 feet below the earth’s surface. Continue reading »
A big solo exhibition (open:29 August – 26 October, 2014) of WE MAKE CARPETS with which they celebrate their five year anniversary at MU Eindhoven, the Netherlands. The book: Kneeling – Five years of WE MAKE CARPETS will be launched 24 October 2014, during the Dutch Design Week, Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
Continue reading »
WE MAKE CARPETS, consisting of Marcia Nolte, Stijn van der Vleuten and Bob Waardenburg, mix traditional skills and a critical view of the consumer society in unusual carpets. WE MAKE CARPETS are inspired by the colour, shape and possibilities of the material chosen. The result is not just a decorative carpet, but an object that makes us think about the consumer society that produces these ‘weaving materials’. A contemporary interpretation of wealth.
Candybar Carpet was commissioned by Slokdarm festival, Veghel, The Netherlands. And was exhibited in the old CHV factory just outside the city. Continue reading »
Absolutely terrible carpet patterns, inspired by Lovecraft creatures and created by Russian designer Kirill Rozhkov for EGE, Danish carpet manufacturer. Continue reading »
- Chameleons Will Hold Anything You Give Them, and They Look Like Tiny Old Men!
- People Are Hilariously Roasting ‘Target’ Fashion Designers By Taking These Pics Wearing Their Dresses
- This Artist Creates Beautifully Bizarre Backpacks That Look Like Octopus, Spiders, And Beetles
- Stunning Photos Of 2021 Natural Landscape Photography Awards
- This Artist Turns Sketches Into Amazing Digital Art
- Stunning Winning Photos Of Nature inFocus Photography Contest 2021
- Photographer Captured Amazing Photos of Christmas Tree Decorated with Goats in Morocco
- Artist Carves Tiny Birds Under A Microscope To Make The Outside World Disappear
- Russian Pixel Melancholy by Dmitry Bogolyubov
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of ’80s Young Women