For a very long time, people couldn’t have imagined a circus without horses, elephants, monkeys, and lions. But recently, Circus Roncalli has shunned tradition, swapping flesh and blood for holograms. The shows, however, remain just as spectacular. Continue reading »
In 1949, LIFE magazine sent famed photographer Nina Leen to document the daily life of a sassy troupe of young women who had run off and joined the famous Barnum & Bailey Circus in Sarasota, Fla. Continue reading »
In this composite image (L-R top row) Dok Haze, Douglas Child as Camp Dracula, Mongolian Laughing Boy, Tony Walls, Asia Sawika as Anastasia, (L-R bottom row) zombie bass guitar player Ozzy Jackson, sword swallower Hannibal Hellmurto, pickled person, Zoe Olivia Ellis and The Sinister Sisters, Steph Bates (L) and Steph Randall (R) pose for a photograph prior to a rehearsal of the Circus of Horrors’ latest show The Night of the Zombie at the Wookey Hole Caves Theatre near Wells on October 23, 2014 in Somerset, England. The Britain’s Got Talent finalists who are now celebrating their 20th year are currently touring the UK with their show – which features sword swallowers, knife throwers, balancing acts, aerialists, a demon dwarf, the Sinister Sisters and gyrating and fire limboing acrobats – at a number of venues and dates including Halloween itself in Blackpool. (Photo by Matt Cardy/Getty Images)
Continue reading »
Why we decided to get down to the circus? Above all, we were captivated by its workers – so unusual, colorful and absolutely mesmerizing people. We were inspired also by the works of Henri Toulouse-Lautrec who masterly showed the daily life of the dancers of the XIX-th century Paris. We decided to follow in his footsteps and take a look at the joys and sorrows of the circus life. We wanted to see how circus artists behave both in headlights and in private life. We mixed surrealism up with everyday life and served it with impressionist sauce.
Our collection will surely appeal to people who are not afraid to break conventions, also those decorative ones, and people who are looking for wall murals and stickers that will reflect their rebellious character and personality. If you also always look on the bright side of life and treat obstacles as challenges, be sure to take a look at all 63 photos that form the collection. Continue reading »
- Chameleons Will Hold Anything You Give Them, and They Look Like Tiny Old Men!
- People Are Hilariously Roasting ‘Target’ Fashion Designers By Taking These Pics Wearing Their Dresses
- This Artist Creates Beautifully Bizarre Backpacks That Look Like Octopus, Spiders, And Beetles
- Stunning Photos Of 2021 Natural Landscape Photography Awards
- This Artist Turns Sketches Into Amazing Digital Art
- Photographer Captured Amazing Photos of Christmas Tree Decorated with Goats in Morocco
- Stunning Winning Photos Of Nature inFocus Photography Contest 2021
- Russian Pixel Melancholy by Dmitry Bogolyubov
- Artist Carves Tiny Birds Under A Microscope To Make The Outside World Disappear
- Photographer Decided To Include People In Her Photographic Series “Cats In Venice” And Something Beautiful Happened