Luxury brand Hublot unveiled what it claims to be the most expensive watch around, at the 2012 Baselworld Watch Exhibition in Switzerland. The watch is a 14-carat diamond encrusted timepiece, worth $5m. The device is set primarily in white gold and the ultra-glam luxury watch contains a total of 1,292 diamonds, six of which weigh more than three carats apiece.
The Swiss brand, owned by French luxury goods manufacturer LVMH, said a renowned “master cutter” from New York, with over 40 years experience, was responsible for single-handedly cutting the largest GIA-certified stones to ensure the same cut “signature”.
Despite the high price and the ongoing economic crisis, producers of the watch said several people had already expressed a desire to buy the watch. In fact, the luxury watch has already been sold to the retailer “The Hour Glass” Singapore. However, the watch will be showcased first at the Hublot boutique in Marina Bay Sands and then in the Hublot corners at The Hour Glass boutiques.
A Hublot employee shows the new “5 Million Dollar Diamond Watch” during a news conference at Baselworld fair in Basel, March 7, 2012. The world’s leading watch and jewellery show Baselworld is to be held in Basel from March 8 to March 15, 2012. (Reuters) Continue reading »
- Wonderland Abandoned: The Swift Fall of “Europe’s Biggest Theme Park”
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- These Illustrations Show What’s Wrong With The Modern Society
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets
- The Story Behind John Lennon’s Psychedelic Rolls-Royce Phantom V
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s