NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center just shared these fascinating satellite photos taken in January 2014 over the shallow waters around Sisan Island, South Korea. The tiny patchwork of small squares are entire fields of seaweed that are held in place with ropes and buoys to keep the plants near the surface during high tide but off the seafloor in low tide. Continue reading »
If only you knew just how hard Svetlana and Marty Simon — and their few hundred chickens — worked for each egg they harvest, you’d never look at breakfast the same way.
The Boynton Beach farmers are up at 4 a.m. to feed the animals at their Heritage Hen Farms, change their water, chase the goats to the pasture, clean out the coops, collect eggs, find rogue egg layers, scrub the duck tubs, check the bees, check the fences. Then they go to their day jobs, only to return later for more farm work.
“To produce nutritious food like this takes so much labor,” Svetlana says.
Yes, but it’s paradise for the chickens. The Heritage hens (and geese and ducks and guinea hens and one lone turkey named Thomas) live a truly free-range lifestyle. (Photos by Libby Volgyes)
A sign welcomes visitors to the coop, where families can see firsthand where the eggs come from. Continue reading »
- Stunning Winning Photos Of Nature inFocus Photography Contest 2021
- The Jaw-Dropping Photography by Kaiyhun
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of ’80s Young Women
- Gallery Archives The Bizarre Tradition Of African Popular Bootleg Movie Posters, And They’re So Bad They’re Good
- Mother’s Intimate Photographs Capture Her Sons’ Special Bond with Animals
- Stunning Photographs of Debbie Harry Painted by H.R. Giger, the Creator of “Alien”
- Japanese Photographer Spends His Life Shooting Women’s Thighs
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- A Photographer Took Glorious Colour Photographs Of London In Early 1970s
- Awesome LEGO-Inspired Artworks of Jaime Sanchez