The photographer and documentarian Camilo José Vergara uses photographs as “a means of discovery, as a tool with which to clarify visions and construct knowledge about a particular city or place.” Pictures, for Vergara, are the starting point in asking questions or linking to other images or investigating new territories and ideas. Continue reading »
One of the most ubiquitous sights in Los Angeles is the American Apparel billboard. They are mostly small signs, found in strategic neighborhoods such as Silverlake and Echo Park and featuring a young, attractive women in Dov Charney’s products. The billboards reflect a vintage softcore aesthetic that make the ads nearly unmissable.
Los Angeles-based artist Thomas Alleman set out to capture these tiny billboards in their natural environment. The end result is “The American Apparel,” a gritty look at the role these ads play in the streets of Los Angeles. There are billboards overlooking homeless squats, perching over a street corner, hiding behind buildings and looking down on alleyways.
Continue reading »
- There’s an Atmospheric Abandoned Jurassic Park Located in the Heart of Russia
- The Art of Japanese Portrait Photography by Kishin Shinoyama
- Artist Alexander Orlov Reimagined Famous Brand Logos in a New Futuristic Way
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Vintage Cars, Palms & Backyard Pools in Californian Inspired Paintings by Danny Heller
- Our Dystopian Future in Dark Cyberpunk Artworks of Nagafujiriku
- Amazing Photos of the Third Generation of the Ford Thunderbird, 1961-1963
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Bird Photographer of the Year 2021
- Sensual Black and White Portrait Photos of Goldie Hawn Taken by Joseph Klipple in 1964
- Stunning Entries of The 2021 Perpignan’s Festival of Photojournalism