Apple is moving its UK headquarters to the Battersea Power Station — London’s iconic brick building that Pink Floyd portrayed on the cover of its 1977 album “Animals.” The station’s redevelopment is part of an estimated $16.5 billion megadevelopment in the city. Continue reading »
Google’s much-hyped new campus has a somewhat new look After the City of Mountain View limited the buildable space, the tech company was forced to reduce the overall size of the complex. The overarching concept remains intact—a micro “city” of buildings lined by bike paths, outdoor walkways, and gardens—but, like many ambitious projects, it’s had to make some concessions when the reality of regulations sets in. Continue reading »
There is lot of speculation about the IPO of Facebook, the largest social networking site in the world. According to a Wall Street Journal report, the company, with more than 800 millions users, is planning to launch its IPO somewhere between April and June this year. The company plans to raise $10 billion through the IPO. Facebook has also been voted as the best tech company to work for in 2012, in a Glassdoor survey.
Facebook’s new office has about 2,000 employees and is constantly working to add productivity and something new on the creative front. The office is unique with no private space. Here are some of the pictures of the company’s newly acquired headquarters in the 55-acre Menlo Park in California. The space was earlier occupied by Sun Microsystems.
An employee writes a note on the message board at the new headquarters of Facebook in Menlo Park. (Reuters) Continue reading »
- Zero Fucks Coins Allow You To Literally Give Zero Fucks
- Fascinating Photos That Capture Everyday Of Oahu Beaches, Hawaii In The Early 1970s
- This Artist’s Paintings Are So Realistic, You’ll Probably Think They Are Photos
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- 19-Year-Old Student Hides Spy Camera In His Clothing To Take Secret Street Photos In The 1890s
- Welcome To Burj Al Babas, The Luxury City Of Empty Castles
- Before And After: How The Russian Army Changes Soldiers
- Russian Illustrator Recreates All Episodes Of The Mandalorian As Vintage Comic Book Covers
- Moody Animal Puns That Will Remind You That It’s OK To Be Sad
- Night And Day: Striking Street Photography In Japan By James Takumi Shyegun