Apple is moving its UK headquarters to the Battersea Power Station — London’s iconic brick building that Pink Floyd portrayed on the cover of its 1977 album “Animals.” The station’s redevelopment is part of an estimated $16.5 billion megadevelopment in the city. Continue reading »
Google’s much-hyped new campus has a somewhat new look After the City of Mountain View limited the buildable space, the tech company was forced to reduce the overall size of the complex. The overarching concept remains intact—a micro “city” of buildings lined by bike paths, outdoor walkways, and gardens—but, like many ambitious projects, it’s had to make some concessions when the reality of regulations sets in. Continue reading »
There is lot of speculation about the IPO of Facebook, the largest social networking site in the world. According to a Wall Street Journal report, the company, with more than 800 millions users, is planning to launch its IPO somewhere between April and June this year. The company plans to raise $10 billion through the IPO. Facebook has also been voted as the best tech company to work for in 2012, in a Glassdoor survey.
Facebook’s new office has about 2,000 employees and is constantly working to add productivity and something new on the creative front. The office is unique with no private space. Here are some of the pictures of the company’s newly acquired headquarters in the 55-acre Menlo Park in California. The space was earlier occupied by Sun Microsystems.
An employee writes a note on the message board at the new headquarters of Facebook in Menlo Park. (Reuters) Continue reading »
- Here’s How Some of Rock and Roll Legends Would Look Like Today If They Weren’t Dead
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Julianne Moore As Famous Works Of Art
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- Is It A Billboard? No, It’s A Building!
- This Alien Face Mask Is Sure To Keep Covid At Bay
- “Let The Water Be Your Guide”: The Ultra-Realistic Watercolor Paintings Of Marcos Beccari
- Artist Portrays Mystical Creatures In Their Vulnerable Form – When They Were Still Babies
- Sleeping With The Devil: A Weird And Wonderful Collection Of Medieval Bedroom Hijinks With Creatures From Hell
- “Back To The Nature”: Artist Combines Everyday Objects With Plants To Create Intriguing Sculptures And Installations