Line Severinsen, an illustrator animator and mother of two in Bergen, has a funny series of simple webcomics that share some of the challenges and everyday realities of being an expectant mom. We all know motherhood can be tough, but her comic – Kos og Kaos, or “Cuddles and Chaos” in English – illustrates these struggles in a fun and approachable way. Severinsen started her comic when she was pregnant in 2012, and continued it after a brief hiatus when she was pregnant with her second child (who was born in May of this year). Continue reading »
According to artist Trina Merry: “From November 2014 to May 2015 I sculpted, body painted and photographed 60 models–including myself– into the 12 symbols of the zodiac.I view this work as my way to examine the impact of astrology in a current world in a modern aesthetic, while maintaining the sensibilities, skills and stories of crucial works of art from thousands of years before me. Continue reading »
Los Angeles-based artist, Cain Motter, like many others, has tried to share his opinion about the impact of using credit cards on the modern society. However, his mode of expression is quite different because unlike others who use words or letters for expression, Motter melts his credit cards to create stunning pieces of modern art.
In his official Facebook page, Motter explains how he fell for the vicious cycle of using credit cards.
“I started getting these credit card applications in the mail. One of them said it would be good to have a card in case of emergencies. That’s what got me,” the artist stated. After applying and receiving his first credit card, he got a cheque for $50 which he thought was a gift for becoming a new customer.
It was only after he received his first statement with a bill for that $50 gift plus cash advance fees that he understood the trick.
To “take revenge” and give vent to his anger, Motter first started craft pendants and necklaces using the cards. Continue reading »
- Please Don’t Step On The Fish! Vietnam’s Unique Flooded Cafe
- 12 Reasons Why I Love Her
- 18 Times When People Fixed Their Cars With Creativity Instead Of A Car Service
- 30 Of The Most Epic 3D Tattoos
- A Great White Shark Preserved In Formaldehyde In An Abandoned Wildlife Park
- Extraordinary Black And White Photographs Of London In The Early 1950s
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- This Photographer Took One Family’s Photo In The Same Way Each Year For 23 Years
- 15 Exquisite Illustrations Which Sum Up Perfectly How Much We Love Our Pets
- Artist Imagines Spilled Coffee As Monsters