Line Severinsen, an illustrator animator and mother of two in Bergen, has a funny series of simple webcomics that share some of the challenges and everyday realities of being an expectant mom. We all know motherhood can be tough, but her comic – Kos og Kaos, or “Cuddles and Chaos” in English – illustrates these struggles in a fun and approachable way. Severinsen started her comic when she was pregnant in 2012, and continued it after a brief hiatus when she was pregnant with her second child (who was born in May of this year). Continue reading »
According to artist Trina Merry: “From November 2014 to May 2015 I sculpted, body painted and photographed 60 models–including myself– into the 12 symbols of the zodiac.I view this work as my way to examine the impact of astrology in a current world in a modern aesthetic, while maintaining the sensibilities, skills and stories of crucial works of art from thousands of years before me. Continue reading »
The internet’s favourite illustrator, Chris (Simpsons Artist) has joined forces with ScreenSkills – a professional network for the creative industries to reveal what it’s actually like to work in a number of different creative industries. Continue reading »
Los Angeles-based artist, Cain Motter, like many others, has tried to share his opinion about the impact of using credit cards on the modern society. However, his mode of expression is quite different because unlike others who use words or letters for expression, Motter melts his credit cards to create stunning pieces of modern art.
In his official Facebook page, Motter explains how he fell for the vicious cycle of using credit cards.
“I started getting these credit card applications in the mail. One of them said it would be good to have a card in case of emergencies. That’s what got me,” the artist stated. After applying and receiving his first credit card, he got a cheque for $50 which he thought was a gift for becoming a new customer.
It was only after he received his first statement with a bill for that $50 gift plus cash advance fees that he understood the trick.
To “take revenge” and give vent to his anger, Motter first started craft pendants and necklaces using the cards. Continue reading »
- “Cock And Balls”: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Top 20 Absolute Worst Things In The World
- Misspelled Tattoos: Permanent And Hilarious
- A Photographer Took Pictures of Beautiful Women from 37 Countries
- Famous Songs Hilariously Explained With Simple Comics
- Italy-based Artist Cristina Guggeri Shows World Leaders Pooping In New Series Of Images Called “The Daily Duty”
- Before And After: Lithuanian Photographer Showed How Motherhood Changes Women
- McDonald’s Japan Releases A Line Of Adorable Cups But People Are Finding Them Hilariously Inappropriate
- This Girl Cosplays Unexpected Things And Here Are Hilarious Instagram Pics
- A Painting Or A Meme? A Look At Joseph Ducreux