Line Severinsen, an illustrator animator and mother of two in Bergen, has a funny series of simple webcomics that share some of the challenges and everyday realities of being an expectant mom. We all know motherhood can be tough, but her comic – Kos og Kaos, or “Cuddles and Chaos” in English – illustrates these struggles in a fun and approachable way. Severinsen started her comic when she was pregnant in 2012, and continued it after a brief hiatus when she was pregnant with her second child (who was born in May of this year). Continue reading »
According to artist Trina Merry: “From November 2014 to May 2015 I sculpted, body painted and photographed 60 models–including myself– into the 12 symbols of the zodiac.I view this work as my way to examine the impact of astrology in a current world in a modern aesthetic, while maintaining the sensibilities, skills and stories of crucial works of art from thousands of years before me. Continue reading »
Los Angeles-based artist, Cain Motter, like many others, has tried to share his opinion about the impact of using credit cards on the modern society. However, his mode of expression is quite different because unlike others who use words or letters for expression, Motter melts his credit cards to create stunning pieces of modern art.
In his official Facebook page, Motter explains how he fell for the vicious cycle of using credit cards.
“I started getting these credit card applications in the mail. One of them said it would be good to have a card in case of emergencies. That’s what got me,” the artist stated. After applying and receiving his first credit card, he got a cheque for $50 which he thought was a gift for becoming a new customer.
It was only after he received his first statement with a bill for that $50 gift plus cash advance fees that he understood the trick.
To “take revenge” and give vent to his anger, Motter first started craft pendants and necklaces using the cards. Continue reading »
- A Collection Of Hand-Painted Movie Posters From Africa
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- What Art Icons Would Look Like In Today’s Society
- Amazing LEGO Creations Inspired By Classical Art Pieces
- This Bride Took Her Own Wedding Photos, and Then They Went Viral
- 1,400-Year-Old Gingko Tree Sheds a Spectacular Ocean of Golden Leaves
- A Couple that Recreated Scenes from “101 Dalmatians”
- Amazing Images Reveal How the Exclusion Zone Around Fukushima Has Been Abandoned to Become an Overgrown Wilderness
- A Guy Re-made Photos of His Deceased Wife with His Daughter
- Old Photos Reveal How Disney’s Animators Used a Real-Life Model to Draw Alice in Wonderland