The 1950s was a rememberred decade in many things. From the boom of culture and fashion to the unique inventions of cars, especially the 1956 Oldsmobile Golden Rocket. Continue reading »
From the wind tunnels the made commercial aviation possible to the analog machines that preceded the computer, a visual history of the spirit of innovation presently unworthy of the government’s dollar.
Among the great joys of spending countless hours rummaging through archives is the occasional serendipitous discovery of something absolutely wonderful: Case in point, these gorgeous photographs of vintage NASA (and NASA predecessor NACA) facilities.
A Langley researcher ponders the future, in mid-1927, of the Sperry M-1 Messenger, the first full-scale airplane tested in the Propeller Research Tunnel. Standing in the entrance cone of the tunnel is Elton W. Miller, Max M. Munk’s successor as chief of aerodynamics. Miller was one of the designers of the Propeller Research Tunnel. Continue reading »
Ever heard the saying “It’s not rocket science!”? It’s often used by smart-asses who know nothing about rocket science. But then again, who does? It is, after all, super difficult. Well, NASA does, obviously, and back in the early 60s rocket science was even more complicated than it is now. Continue reading »
Rocket and Groot’s relationship could be complicated, but it’s simple. After all, do we have any precedent for how a sentient tree creature should relate to a gun-toting not-raccoon? Not so much. And yet, their odd-couple friendship comes naturally. Well, of COURSE, the not-raccoon understands and translates the sentient tree creature’s language. Why wouldn’t he? Continue reading »
- Japanese Photographer Releases Book Of Breasts And Cats
- Slav Romance: Heartbreaking Drama Story In Ten Pictures
- Offensive Plates To Insult Your Guests With Class
- These Incredible Sand Sculptures By Andoni Bastarrika Are The Ultimate Childhood Dream
- 12 Screen Adaptation Characters Who Are Significantly Different From The Original
- Artist Reveals What Fonts Were Used To Design Famous Logos
- Hilarious Photos Of Pet Antics From The Comedy Pet Photography Awards 2020
- “Eighth Wonder Of The World”: The Sacred Orthodox Rock Church Of Saint George In Lalibela, Ethiopia
- Swedish Artist Group Called Anonymouse Continues To Create Tiny Houses For Mouses The Around City
- Photographer Captures The Best (Worst?) Mullets From MulletFest 2020