The 1950s was a rememberred decade in many things. From the boom of culture and fashion to the unique inventions of cars, especially the 1956 Oldsmobile Golden Rocket. Continue reading »
From the wind tunnels the made commercial aviation possible to the analog machines that preceded the computer, a visual history of the spirit of innovation presently unworthy of the government’s dollar.
Among the great joys of spending countless hours rummaging through archives is the occasional serendipitous discovery of something absolutely wonderful: Case in point, these gorgeous photographs of vintage NASA (and NASA predecessor NACA) facilities.
A Langley researcher ponders the future, in mid-1927, of the Sperry M-1 Messenger, the first full-scale airplane tested in the Propeller Research Tunnel. Standing in the entrance cone of the tunnel is Elton W. Miller, Max M. Munk’s successor as chief of aerodynamics. Miller was one of the designers of the Propeller Research Tunnel. Continue reading »
Ever heard the saying “It’s not rocket science!”? It’s often used by smart-asses who know nothing about rocket science. But then again, who does? It is, after all, super difficult. Well, NASA does, obviously, and back in the early 60s rocket science was even more complicated than it is now. Continue reading »
Rocket and Groot’s relationship could be complicated, but it’s simple. After all, do we have any precedent for how a sentient tree creature should relate to a gun-toting not-raccoon? Not so much. And yet, their odd-couple friendship comes naturally. Well, of COURSE, the not-raccoon understands and translates the sentient tree creature’s language. Why wouldn’t he? Continue reading »
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- This Is For Real! Sahara Desert Is Witnessing Snow
- “Us and Them”: The Superb Concept Art Works by Fedor Titov
- HIBERNATION IV: Gorgeous And Intriguing Photography by Øystein Sture Aspelund
- Amazing Rare Photographs of The Romanovs’ Final Ball In Color, St Petersburg, Russia 1903
- Artist Makes Semi-Realistic Fanarts Of Pop-Culture Characters
- Deepspot: World’s Deepest Diving Pool Opened in Poland
- Behind Her Uniform: The Double Life Of Servicewomen In The Netherlands
- “I’m Not Your Toy”: The Superb Contemporary Paintings by Inga Makarova
- Woman Continues To Hilariously Recreate Celebrity Instagram Photos, And The Result Is Better Than The Original