2011 marks the 100th anniversary of Chevrolet. During these 100 years the company developed over a hundred different types of cars, vans and trucks. All of those cars, vans and trucks have something in common: they all contain speedometers.
Speedometers are those kind of items you look at thousands of times during your life, without ever really noticing. You notice the speed, not the meter. And if you do notice the meter chances are you don’t realize someone actually designed it. The company probably even did some research beforehand. Research regarding the readability of typefaces, the right size of the numbers and the space between them.
- Amazing Photos of the 1961 Ford Gyron
- Beautiful Photos of Margaux Hemingway in the 1970s and ’80s
- Designer Creates a Unique Table Lighting Based on Brutalist Soviet Architecture and Other Things
- The World of Fairy Tales: Dreamy Illustrations by David Listón
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Bloody Brutal Vintage Crime Scene Photos From The Los Angeles Police Department Archives
- 1970s Zingers! Full-Sized Toy Vehicles
- Cool Photos Defined Fashion Styles of Young Women in the 1970s
- Sexy Pictures Of ABBA’s Agnetha Faltskog Posed For Sweden’s Poster Magazine In 1976
- This Photographer Perfectly Captures Sand Sculptures Naturally Carved By The Winds