Jake Adams, an exhibit maintenance supervisor for the American Museum of Natural History, cleans a 94-foot blue whale model at the museum in New York September 7, 2011. The model, based on a female blue whale found in 1925, was first displayed in 1969. The model, the largest of its kind of the largest creature that has ever lived on Earth, is sculpted from fiberglass and polyurethane and weighs 21,000 pounds. (REUTERS/Eric Thayer)
Photo of the Day: Spectacular Photos of World’s Largest Fish Whale Sharks Seen Almost Swallowing Dive
A diver was almost swallowed by a whale shark while he was staring into the mammoth jaws of the largest fish in the world that feed mainly on plankton. The breathtaking photograph was captured by photographer Mauricio Handler in the waters of Mujeres Island in Mexico. (Mauricio Handler/handlerphoto) Zoom.
Two boys look at the body of a humpback whale (Megaptera novaeangliae) at Toluca beach, 50 km south from San Salvador, El Salvador on July 4. (Jose Cabezas / AFP – Getty Images). Click to zoom.
- A Great White Shark Preserved In Formaldehyde In An Abandoned Wildlife Park
- Photographer Ask Strangers To Reveal Their Deepest Regrets In Life
- This Photographer Took One Family’s Photo In The Same Way Each Year For 23 Years
- Life Before The Taliban: Photos Show Afghanistan Before It Plunged Into Hell
- Japanese Twitter Falls In Meme Love With Perfectly Timed Photo Of One-Punch Shiba Inu
- 30 Artists’ Tributes To The Iconic Notre-Dame Cathedral
- An Instagram Account Dedicated To Learning Basic French Through Beautiful Typography
- Please Don’t Step On The Fish! Vietnam’s Unique Flooded Cafe
- 18 Times When People Fixed Their Cars With Creativity Instead Of A Car Service
- 30 Of The Most Epic 3D Tattoos