Jake Adams, an exhibit maintenance supervisor for the American Museum of Natural History, cleans a 94-foot blue whale model at the museum in New York September 7, 2011. The model, based on a female blue whale found in 1925, was first displayed in 1969. The model, the largest of its kind of the largest creature that has ever lived on Earth, is sculpted from fiberglass and polyurethane and weighs 21,000 pounds. (REUTERS/Eric Thayer)
Photo of the Day: Spectacular Photos of World’s Largest Fish Whale Sharks Seen Almost Swallowing Dive
A diver was almost swallowed by a whale shark while he was staring into the mammoth jaws of the largest fish in the world that feed mainly on plankton. The breathtaking photograph was captured by photographer Mauricio Handler in the waters of Mujeres Island in Mexico. (Mauricio Handler/handlerphoto) Zoom.
Two boys look at the body of a humpback whale (Megaptera novaeangliae) at Toluca beach, 50 km south from San Salvador, El Salvador on July 4. (Jose Cabezas / AFP – Getty Images). Click to zoom.
- 5 Year-Old Recreates Photos Of Iconic Women Every Day Of Black History Month
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Zdzisław Beksiński: Terrifying Visions Of Hell By Murdered Polish Painter
- Asian Drivers Are Using Terrifying Reflective Decals On Rear Windows To Fight Against High-Beam Users
- A Photographer Travels Across India To Show How Beautiful And Diverse Local People Are, And We’re Mesmerized
- Spencer Elden The Famous Nirvana Baby Recreates The Album Cover 25 Years Later
- Photographer Takes Delightful Fat Cat Pictures To Show Chubby Cats Are Adorable
- This Cambodian Artist Is Taking Doodling To Another Level
- #NotYourValentine: Controversial Brand Honey Birdette Lingerie Flashmob Takes To Sydney
- Photo Series Reveals How Our Facial Expressions Change When We Get Undressed