Timelapse of a thunderstorm with a massive rain shaft in the middle of the Gulf of Patras, Ionian Sea, Greece. A heavy downpour coming from a single thunderstorm on July 1st, 2015.
Oscar-nominated Cinematographer Phedon Papamichael, ASC, GSC, talks about the early years, his first films, his shooting style, his collaboration with Alexander Payne, George Clooney & James Mangold, his music videos with U2, his colleagues, and more.
Blackmagic Design today announced Blackmagic URSA, a new high end digital film camera designed to revolutionize workflow on set. Built to handle the ergonomics of large film crews as well as single person use, URSA has multiple accessories built in, including a massive 10 inch fold out on set monitor, large user upgradable Super 35 global shutter 4K image sensor and internal dual RAW and Apple ProRes recorders.
As video production workflows and requirements are constantly changing and evolving, so is Adobe Creative Cloud, with regular feature-rich releases which allow creative people to stay at the very cutting edge. Today, Adobe revealed the next major updates of Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC, Speedgrade CC, Audition CC, Prelude CC and Media Encoder.
“Side by Side” Writer/Director Chris Kenneally talks about the process of making the doc, working with Keanu Reeves, gear, locations, matching schedules & more.
More than 100 Sony Cameras – 4K and HD — will cover the field for this weekend’s broadcast of professional football’s championship game. FOX Sports will use six Sony 4K cameras (five F55s and one F65) to capture ultra-high resolution images for its “Super Zoom” technology, giving television viewers a crisp, clear look at close plays. Continue »
Morpheus is making a comeback in Kia’s brilliant Super Bowl XLVIII Commercial for its K900 luxury sedan. The brilliant ad was directed by Carl Erik Rinsch (47 Ronin) & Colin Jeffery and DPed by Christopher Soos, CSC. Continue »
HBO’s “True Detective” Title Sequence starring Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey was designed and directed by Antibody Creative Director Patrick Clair. Sex, religion, fire and the petrochemical apocalypse all feature heavily in this rich, symbolic rendering of the Louisiana Gulf Coast. Continue »
Watch this step-by-step tutorial on how to apply the 2.5D (Parallax) Effect to your own shots. Through a process known as the parallax effect, in which single frame photos are layered to create the illusion of 3D, Joe Fellows is able to turn a static shot into a multidimensional image. Using imaging software to layer stills, Fellows transforms a simple ping pong photo into a 2.5D animation. Continue »
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- This Wall Clock Changes Shape When You Walk Around It
- Artist Turns Lovable Cartoon Characters Into Terrifying Monsters
- Minimalist Tattoos By Irina Irchey And Eugenia Vorobej Beautifully Blends Geometry With Nature
- US Soldiers Used Special Boots During The Vietnam War
- These Photos From An Abandoned Doll Factory Will Fuel All Of Your Nightmares
- This German Artist Creates Cartoons And Comic Series About Travel Adventures And Cultural Discoveries
- Human Living Statues Contest In Buenos Aires
- Artist Covers Walls With Cross-Stitch Floral Patterns In Street Installations
- Polish Fashion Artists Creates Beautiful Felted Animal Scarves
- Dragon Scale Crochet Gloves For When The Winter Comes
- Designer Paints Alternative Posters Of Popular Movies Based On Mood In The Films
- New Stunning Entries Of The 2016 National Geographic Nature Photographer Of The Year Contest
- An Eccentric Artist Has Collected Fifty Vintage Cars And Left Them To Rot In A Forest – And Now They’re Worth Over $1 Million
- Fantastic Minimalist Japanese Cruiser 1989 Nissan Neo-X Concept That Was Ahead Of Its Time
- Amazing Vintage Photographs That Show The Dangers Of Constructing The Empire State Building