Squirrels! Penguins! Falafel!
How can we talk about a culture that is not our own? This animated film lightheartedly explores the pitfalls we goyim face when talking about Jewish culture and the elephant in the room that is the Israel Palestine conflict.
Made in 2011 by Jens Blank and Anna Benner, aka Jens & Anna, the full film is now being released online for the first time after doing the international festival rounds.
Ever wondered what Santa and his gang are up to in their time off?
Merry Christmas from Jens & Anna
For concept and development work have a look at http://animateme.me.uk/blog/?page_id=1179
Jens&Anna were asked to create a series of spots about the new healthcare reform in the US and how it affects people in Kentucky.
Currently more than 600,000 people in Kentucky do not have health insurance. The new service will provide affordable access to healthcare for everyone in Kentucky.
The driving concept behind the spots Jens&Anna created is the idea that this is something involving everybody in Kentucky.
They wanted to show real people in their normal environments. To create a cast of Kentuckians, Jens&Anna teamed up with character designer Emmanuelle Walker.
Jens&Anna then designed the backgrounds that our characters would live in, looking at lots of references of towns and cities in Kentucky.
All animation is done in flash, the backgrounds are cg with projected textures.
Full credits on vimeo and http://animateme.me.uk/blog/
My Cannes selected graduation film.
Cooked tells the story of an arctic love triangle between a Walrus a Seal and a Lobster.
Here’s Jens & Anna’s suggestion how to decorate your Christmas tree:
This year Jens & Anna have teamed up with the wonderful David Kamp to create some inspiration for decorating your tree and practising your carols.
After DIY fold your own monsters for halloween (still available as free downloads and very useful as last minute stocking fillers) our monsters return to hang out in our christmas tree.
There is more artwork and stuff on their website
Hello! I am the Bone Cruncher. I’d like to sit on your desk and make you uncomfortable. If you want to scare your friends and colleagues you can find and download me and my monster friends and fold us yourself.
scissors ready and go! http://animateme.me.uk/blog/?page_id=920
- These Photographs Of Creepy Children Will Terrify You
- These Panda Selfies Are The Opposite Of Cute
- Artist Spends 9 Years Using FedEx To Ship Glass Boxes To Create Shattered Sculptures
- Guy Shows Off His Amazing World War II Cover Up Tattoo
- Photographer Emily Lauren Wants To Change The Way We See Female Beauty
- Stunning Colorized Photos Of The Discovery Of The Tutankhamun’s Tomb In The 1920s
- Guy Transforms 1907 Upright Piano Into A Luxurious Desk
- New Hilarious Mashups By Stephen McMennamy
- 29 Clever Illustrations That Show The Differences Between Copywriters And Art Directors
- The Only 5 Types Of Romantic Comedy Posters
- 61-Year-Old Model Absolutely Rocks Her Swimsuit Campaign
- Vibram Furoshiki Shoe
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- Capturing Americana With Jason Lee
- Cancer Survivor Kristi Loyall Who Had Leg Amputated Now Takes Limb Everywhere