Squirrels! Penguins! Falafel!
How can we talk about a culture that is not our own? This animated film lightheartedly explores the pitfalls we goyim face when talking about Jewish culture and the elephant in the room that is the Israel Palestine conflict.
Made in 2011 by Jens Blank and Anna Benner, aka Jens & Anna, the full film is now being released online for the first time after doing the international festival rounds.
Ever wondered what Santa and his gang are up to in their time off?
Merry Christmas from Jens & Anna
For concept and development work have a look at http://animateme.me.uk/blog/?page_id=1179
Jens&Anna were asked to create a series of spots about the new healthcare reform in the US and how it affects people in Kentucky.
Currently more than 600,000 people in Kentucky do not have health insurance. The new service will provide affordable access to healthcare for everyone in Kentucky.
The driving concept behind the spots Jens&Anna created is the idea that this is something involving everybody in Kentucky.
They wanted to show real people in their normal environments. To create a cast of Kentuckians, Jens&Anna teamed up with character designer Emmanuelle Walker.
Jens&Anna then designed the backgrounds that our characters would live in, looking at lots of references of towns and cities in Kentucky.
All animation is done in flash, the backgrounds are cg with projected textures.
Full credits on vimeo and http://animateme.me.uk/blog/
My Cannes selected graduation film.
Cooked tells the story of an arctic love triangle between a Walrus a Seal and a Lobster.
Here’s Jens & Anna’s suggestion how to decorate your Christmas tree:
This year Jens & Anna have teamed up with the wonderful David Kamp to create some inspiration for decorating your tree and practising your carols.
After DIY fold your own monsters for halloween (still available as free downloads and very useful as last minute stocking fillers) our monsters return to hang out in our christmas tree.
There is more artwork and stuff on their website
Hello! I am the Bone Cruncher. I’d like to sit on your desk and make you uncomfortable. If you want to scare your friends and colleagues you can find and download me and my monster friends and fold us yourself.
scissors ready and go! http://animateme.me.uk/blog/?page_id=920
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Artist Covers Walls With Cross-Stitch Floral Patterns In Street Installations
- Polish Fashion Artists Creates Beautiful Felted Animal Scarves
- Dragon Scale Crochet Gloves For When The Winter Comes
- Designer Paints Alternative Posters Of Popular Movies Based On Mood In The Films
- New Stunning Entries Of The 2016 National Geographic Nature Photographer Of The Year Contest
- An Eccentric Artist Has Collected Fifty Vintage Cars And Left Them To Rot In A Forest – And Now They’re Worth Over $1 Million
- Fantastic Minimalist Japanese Cruiser 1989 Nissan Neo-X Concept That Was Ahead Of Its Time
- Amazing Vintage Photographs That Show The Dangers Of Constructing The Empire State Building
- Street Artist Okuda Transforms An Abandoned House Into An Universal Chapel
- Playboy Model Sara Jean Underwood Dresses Up As Your Favorite Star Wars Characters
- These Hilarious Cats Look Like Furry Catbuses Come To Life
- Hyperrealistic Depictions Of A Fictional Mouse-Butterfly Species By Lisa Ericson
- World’s Largest Slug is Bigger, Slimier, and Way Cooler Than You’d Imagine
- This Is Truly Heavenly Weather As Pictures Taken From An Airplane Cockpit Reveal What Pilots See From Above
- Dark Humor Stories That’ll Make You Think