Squirrels! Penguins! Falafel!
How can we talk about a culture that is not our own? This animated film lightheartedly explores the pitfalls we goyim face when talking about Jewish culture and the elephant in the room that is the Israel Palestine conflict.
Made in 2011 by Jens Blank and Anna Benner, aka Jens & Anna, the full film is now being released online for the first time after doing the international festival rounds.
Ever wondered what Santa and his gang are up to in their time off?
Merry Christmas from Jens & Anna
For concept and development work have a look at http://animateme.me.uk/blog/?page_id=1179
Jens&Anna were asked to create a series of spots about the new healthcare reform in the US and how it affects people in Kentucky.
Currently more than 600,000 people in Kentucky do not have health insurance. The new service will provide affordable access to healthcare for everyone in Kentucky.
The driving concept behind the spots Jens&Anna created is the idea that this is something involving everybody in Kentucky.
They wanted to show real people in their normal environments. To create a cast of Kentuckians, Jens&Anna teamed up with character designer Emmanuelle Walker.
Jens&Anna then designed the backgrounds that our characters would live in, looking at lots of references of towns and cities in Kentucky.
All animation is done in flash, the backgrounds are cg with projected textures.
Full credits on vimeo and http://animateme.me.uk/blog/
My Cannes selected graduation film.
Cooked tells the story of an arctic love triangle between a Walrus a Seal and a Lobster.
Here’s Jens & Anna’s suggestion how to decorate your Christmas tree:
This year Jens & Anna have teamed up with the wonderful David Kamp to create some inspiration for decorating your tree and practising your carols.
After DIY fold your own monsters for halloween (still available as free downloads and very useful as last minute stocking fillers) our monsters return to hang out in our christmas tree.
There is more artwork and stuff on their website
Hello! I am the Bone Cruncher. I’d like to sit on your desk and make you uncomfortable. If you want to scare your friends and colleagues you can find and download me and my monster friends and fold us yourself.
scissors ready and go! http://animateme.me.uk/blog/?page_id=920
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Meet This Colorful Australian Peacock Spider
- Minimalistic Photos Of Architecture That Pop With Color, Geometrical Elements
- Humorous Illustrations Of Chewbacca As Comical Visual Puns
- Artist Turns Old Mattresses Into Giant Foods
- My Brain Does Not Compute With This Artist’s Phenomenal 3D Drawings…
- Artist Paints Hyper Realistic Animal Portraits That Place Your Own Pet In Historical Settings
- LICK Puppies, An Adorable Photo Series That Captures Canine Youngsters In Mid-Lick
- Artists Builds Tiny Tree-Houses Around Common House Plants And It’s Awesome!
- The R.A.F. MK1 Cluster Bomb Drinks Cabinet
- Artist’s Series Depicts ‘Game Of Thrones’ Characters Drawn As Pin-Up
- Jungle Book Cast Photos Pair Actors With Animals
- If Modern Movies Would’ve Been Released On VHS Cassette
- Don’t Look Down At This Glass Sightseeing Platform In China
- This Mom Makes Costumes And Takes Awesome Photos Of Her Kids
- 12 Things You’re Doing That Make People Dislike You Immediately