Switzerland-based Oppenheim Architecture+Design, in partnership with Javier Lumbreras of Artemundi & Company, have designed an art storage facility or as art insiders calling it,”The Vault” in the trendy Wynwood Design District, Miami. The Vault is 11 storey high, with 14000 square foot of storage facility and ‘blank canvas’ exterior which will serve as an important public art installation. Click here for more pics & info.
House in Romeirão– the site’s natural beauty dictated the entire house design. View more info & photos here.
The Most Hippest Dormitory in The World by Students of the Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture
A writer for the New York Times called the Taliesin Shelters perhaps “the hippest dormitory in the world.” The “shelters,” as they are called, dot the natural landscape surrounding the campuses, and are offered to students as options for living while attending school. More photos after the jump!
Nottingham University has opened a new campus in Ningbo in the heart of the Zhijiang district. The Centre for Sustainable Energy Technologies (CSET) will focus on the diffusion of sustainable technologies such as solar power, photovoltaic energy, wind power and so forth. The lantern-inspired Sustainable Research Building is China’s first zero carbon university building. Click here for more info & pics.
As the only non-architectural firm invited to participate in a six-way pitch for the opportunity to invigorate the corner of Pulteney and Rundle streets, Fusion were the ‘wild-card’ winners. The Rundle Lantern is a unique canvas that uses computer controlled LEDs to illuminate 748 square panels to deliver a platform for digital art. The project was initiated as a response to a recommendation within Adelaide City’s urban master plan to create a convergence point at the described intersection. The vision for the Rundle Lantern was to create an urban design solution that ‘Adds Beauty to People’s Lives’. Click here for more info & photos.
Once you through the door, there was no front desk, simply a low-key lobby and this marvellous person or your ‘personal butler’ who will take cares of all your needs throughout the stay. Click here for more info & photos!
Designed by multi-award winning Singapore-based architectural firm WOHA Designs, the Crowne Plaza Hotel at Changi Airport is less an airport hotel than a superbly comfortable and stylish hotel in an extremely convenient location – a contemporary urban resort ‘Where the world meets Singapore’. More info & pics after the jump!
The winning competition entry for the “Espacio de Creación Artística Contemporánea” by Nieto Sobejano architects (Madrid) proposed the integration of a low resolution light- and media façade on the building surface. Nieto Sobejano Arquitectos have always been admirers of the hidden geometric laws of creating a multiple and isotropic space within the Mosque, a building facetted with vaults and muqarna windows, permutations of ornamental motifs with lattice windows, paving and ataurique decorations, or the rules and narrative rhythms implicit in the poems and tales of Islamic tradition.
Read more here!
The Treehouse Hotel is an experimental project of architecture and design that addresses essential topics to the future of our society. The theme of the sustainable city seeks from the beginning a reading of the footprint of the city, in the present and the future, in order to make it neutral in all respects: energy, carbon emissions, food, tradition, employment, housing, moving , waste, diversity, nature … Read more here.
“My inspiration was the light. I have designed all the buildings trying to capture this light, I have tried to have the light going through all the spaces like a blade. The design is sophisticated but based on simplicity.”–Piero Lissoni
View more on Mandarin Oriental here.
The Bodegas Ysios winery’s roof, when seeing from exact 90 degree, giving us a pixel-like visual, thus create the effect of an unreal building when photographed. Designed by Santiago Calatrava. Read more here!
The Malaysian firm Thinkscape Team3, beat competitors worldwide to win the design of The Lotus, soon to be the tallest tower in Hanoi. Named “The Lotus’, the design was inspired by the lotus bud, a homage to centuries of local culture and history. The flower, which blossoms from mud, is symbolic of pureness and elegance. More photos & info after the jump!
Spanish architecture firm Mobile M, has renovated the Conde Lumiares drugstore in Alicante, Spain, offering an innovative, non-traditional approach to pharmacy design . The 256 tubes hang from the centre of the shop, without doubt, the originality of this interior architecture. More pics & info on this project here.
- There’s An Old Abandoned Theme Park Near Tokyo, And It’s Creepy As Hell Views today: 17,069 - Travel
- When You See Where This Hidden Staircase Leads You’re Going To Want One Views today: 4,794 - Design
- Biting Illustrations That Uncover All Of The Human Essences In Modern World Views today: 1,019 - Inspirations
- Controversial Walking Dead Photo Shoot Gets People Talking Views today: 849 - Photography
- These Photographs Of Creepy Children Will Terrify You Views today: 796 - Photography
- Stunning Colorized Photos Of The Discovery Of The Tutankhamun’s Tomb In The 1920s Views today: 787 - Travel
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager Views today: 785 - Photography
- Stewardess Skill Training In China Views today: 741 - Travel
- Photographer Peter Thorne Captures Adorable Photos Of Toronto’s Chubby Cats Views today: 605 - Animals
- Ed Gein Style Horror Jacket Is The Most Terrifying Jacket Ever Views today: 584 - Design
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master Views today: 538 - Inspirations
- An Artist Transforms The Shapes Of Animals Into Cubes To Makes Them Definitely Look Straight Out Of Minecraft Views today: 531 - Animals
- These Sad Dogs Outside Shops Will Make You Cry Views today: 510 - Animals
- Stunning Photo Art By Erwin Olaf Views today: 505 - Photography
- Walking On Frozen Baikal, The Deepest And Oldest Lake On Earth To Capture Its Otherworldly Beauty Views today: 439 - Travel