The Algonquin Hotel in New York City offers a unique amenity in the form of Matilda, a cat concierge whose main outpost is laying above the luxury hotel’s welcome desk. The experience is aimed at replicating the comforts of home and the Algonquin Hotel is one of many incorporating such mascots or concierges. Continue reading »
Manhattan’s most fashionable felines dressed their best to help Matilda, the famous Algonquin Hotel cat, celebrate her 15th birthday on Aug. 11, 2010. The party was held in the hotel’s lobby and centered around a good ol’ fashioned cat fashion show. (Photo by Katie Sokoler/Gothamist.com) Continue reading »
- Photographer Asked 16 Artists To Draw His Portrait Photos In Their Own Style, And The Result Is Fabulous!
- Artist Creates Realistic Life-Sized Female Sculptures Inspired By The Graceful Beauty Of Renaissance Art
- 1939 Pontiac Plexiglas “Ghost Car”: The First Full-Sized “See-Thru” Car Ever Made In America
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Vintage Photographs Of People Posing With Job Hunting Signs On The Streets During The Great Depression
- Maggie Out: Striking And Depressive Photographs Captured Everyday Life In Glasgow In 1980
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- Before The Great Clean-Up Began, Here Is Another Side Of New York In The 1970s That You May Never Know
- Amazing Portraits Of Louis Coulon And His 11-Foot Beard As A Nest For His Cats
- Why So Many Medieval Manuscripts Depict Butt Trumpets?