Because let’s face it: no beach outing is really complete without one. Continue reading »
Hundreds of thousands of begonias and dahlias will emblazon the Grand Place in Brussels this weekend for its 20th “Flower Carpet” display, which this year has a Japanese theme. Continue reading »
It was just a simple stain on the carpet, but over time it became a memorial. Continue reading »
The final touches are put to Comedy Carpet by Gordon Young. The installation on Blackpool’s promenade immortalises the UK’s favourite comedians and comic writers from the heyday of music hall to the present day. The artwork took five years to compete and features catchphrases, jokes and sketches, made up from more than 160,000 letters cut from black and red granite and cobalt blue concrete. (Christopher Furlong / Getty Images) Click image to zoom.
A cleaning woman vacuums a red carpet as last preparations in front of the Presidential Palace in Warsaw, prior to the arrival of US President Barack Obama to Poland, on 27 May 2011. US president Obama is on a two-day working visit to Poland. The main topics of Obama’s talks with Polish politicians are to cover economic issues, including shale gas, security and the democratisation process in Northern Africa. EPA/BARTLOMIEJ ZBOROWSKI. Click to zoom.
- Abandoned Hotels In The Egyptian Desert May As Well Be On Another Planet
- “Animal Soul”: Beautiful Portraits Of The Bad-Ass Cats By Robert Bahou
- 30 Times People Accidentally Created Art
- “Electric Dreams”: Amazing Portraits Of ’80s Geeks
- A Shocking Campaign Uses Graphic Images To Point Out The Damage That Plastic Pollution Has On The Ocean’s Wildlife
- Sad Animal Facts Are The Cutest Way To Ruin Your Day
- A Sweet Little Photo Story Proving That True Love That Knows No Bounds
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- Remarkable Tubular Glass House Built Around Tree