Because let’s face it: no beach outing is really complete without one. Continue reading »
Hundreds of thousands of begonias and dahlias will emblazon the Grand Place in Brussels this weekend for its 20th “Flower Carpet” display, which this year has a Japanese theme. Continue reading »
It was just a simple stain on the carpet, but over time it became a memorial. Continue reading »
The final touches are put to Comedy Carpet by Gordon Young. The installation on Blackpool’s promenade immortalises the UK’s favourite comedians and comic writers from the heyday of music hall to the present day. The artwork took five years to compete and features catchphrases, jokes and sketches, made up from more than 160,000 letters cut from black and red granite and cobalt blue concrete. (Christopher Furlong / Getty Images) Click image to zoom.
A cleaning woman vacuums a red carpet as last preparations in front of the Presidential Palace in Warsaw, prior to the arrival of US President Barack Obama to Poland, on 27 May 2011. US president Obama is on a two-day working visit to Poland. The main topics of Obama’s talks with Polish politicians are to cover economic issues, including shale gas, security and the democratisation process in Northern Africa. EPA/BARTLOMIEJ ZBOROWSKI. Click to zoom.
- Zdzisław Beksiński: Terrifying Visions Of Hell By Murdered Polish Painter
- Guy Sucks At Photoshop, Spends 10 Years Mastering Microsoft Paint To Illustrate His Book
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- Welcome To Burj Al Babas, The Luxury City Of Empty Castles
- A Flash Drive Made To Look Like You’re Storing Data On A Fish’s Brain
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager
- Someone Created An Instagram For A Soup Ladle And Its More Than 67K Followers Can’t Get Enough Of Its Adventures
- Awkward Vintage Japanese Movie Monsters
- Stunning Colorized Photos Of The Discovery Of The Tutankhamun’s Tomb In The 1920s