Because let’s face it: no beach outing is really complete without one. Continue reading »
Hundreds of thousands of begonias and dahlias will emblazon the Grand Place in Brussels this weekend for its 20th “Flower Carpet” display, which this year has a Japanese theme. Continue reading »
It was just a simple stain on the carpet, but over time it became a memorial. Continue reading »
The final touches are put to Comedy Carpet by Gordon Young. The installation on Blackpool’s promenade immortalises the UK’s favourite comedians and comic writers from the heyday of music hall to the present day. The artwork took five years to compete and features catchphrases, jokes and sketches, made up from more than 160,000 letters cut from black and red granite and cobalt blue concrete. (Christopher Furlong / Getty Images) Click image to zoom.
A cleaning woman vacuums a red carpet as last preparations in front of the Presidential Palace in Warsaw, prior to the arrival of US President Barack Obama to Poland, on 27 May 2011. US president Obama is on a two-day working visit to Poland. The main topics of Obama’s talks with Polish politicians are to cover economic issues, including shale gas, security and the democratisation process in Northern Africa. EPA/BARTLOMIEJ ZBOROWSKI. Click to zoom.
- Heroic and Fantasy Pin-Up Female Portraits by Kyu Yong Eom
- Milo Manara Comic Art You’ve Probably Never Seen
- Fascinating Nostalgic Black and White Photos of Daily Life in Michigan in 1970s and ’80s
- Portraits of Lovely Ladies Featured on the Covers of Radio Control Modeler Magazines From the 1970s and 1980s
- “I Paint Big B”: The Fantasy Beauties of Zumi
- This Guy Makes 3D Printed Helmets For His Cat
- The Mind’s Dream and its Monsters: Creepy Illustrations by Daniel Peacock
- Insidious Goblins, Cute Elves, and Magic: The Gathering Cards – Fantasy Art by Jesper Ejsing
- Inspirational Female Portraits by Eva Balloon
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s