Halloween, the high holy day of spooky season, has a sort of Spooky Scale that runs the gamut from the casual black cat, full moon, or harmless jack-o’-lantern to the extremes of disembodied corpses, chainsaw massacre enactments or, even scarier, the thought of paying bills every month under the terror of COVID-19. Continue reading »
Dallas Seavey has become the youngest winner ever of the “Last Great Race,” the Iditarod dog-sled mush across Alaska.
“I had five lead dogs on this team, and I had to have every single one of them to do their parts of the race,” Seavey said, reported the Associated Press, shortly after crossing the finish line in Nome.
Seavey, who turned 25 on March 4, the day the race officially started, travelled for nine grueling days, four hours, 29 minutes and 26 seconds with nine dogs pulling his sled to the finish line approximately 7:29 p.m. Tuesday. After 1,000 miles from the starting point in Anchorage, Seavey and his dogs were exhausted.
“It’s just now hitting me,” said Seavey, according to Reuters. “About four miles ago, I just crashed.”
The ice, combined with the frigid temperatures and windy conditions, forced many mushers to slow down. But Seavey’s dog, Guinness, who acted as a lead dog for short time, kept trudging through the Alaskan wilderness.
Musher Dallas Seavey of Willow, Alaska, runs his dogs down Front Street to the finish line, winning the 40th annual Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race in Nome, Alaska March 13, 2012. Seavey, competing against both his father and grandfather, won the race on Tuesday, becoming the youngest musher crowned champion of the storied Alaska event. (Reuters / Oscar Edwin Avellaneda-Cruz) Continue reading »
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- Beautiful Photos of Brigitte Bardot During the Filming of “Les Femmes,” 1969
- This Underwater Observatory in Lake Zug in Switzerland Looks Like a Real Life ‘Truman Show’ Door
- Mira Petrova’s Illustrations Will Make You Think About Your Waste
- Italian Artist Giulia Bernardelli Turns Spilled Coffee Into Art
- Richard Saunders Creates Giant Bushes In The Shape Of His Deceased Cat
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Artist Illustrated 30 Mermaids For Two Years And Here Is The Eerie Yet Whimsical Result
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets
- These Prank Stickers Will Make You The Most Hated Person In The Office