Argentinian artist José Luis Torres has been taking out the trash, painting it in vibrant colors and putting it back in cities across Canada as sculptures. No, it’s not some compulsive disorder, he’s been doing this to demonstrate just how much stuff we own and the insane amount of waste we produce. Continue reading »
An artist has taken a whole new look at a flower’s beauty…by blowing it to pieces. Photographer Martin Kilmas has made lots of things explode before: ceramic figurines, vases, and globs of paint to name a few. But his most recent work may be the world’s first look at how flower blossoms appear the moment they’re hit by a cannon.
Kilmas first dips his unfortunate flowers into liquid nitrogen, freezing them solid. He then blasts them with an air cannon. The ensuing split second is then caught on camera and the resulting photographs are a breathtaking look at beauty, exploded.
Kilmas told Wired that he gets his inspiration from reading old scientific journals: ‘I try to extract the poetic aspects of these scientific techniques. And generate powerful images by redoing these experiments using modern photography equipment and professional lightning.’ Continue reading »
- Vintage Photos Proving That The Beauty Of People From Previous Generations Is A Unique Thing
- Rare Photos Of Hachiko, The World’s Most Loyal Dog
- Taiwanese Artist Creates Exquisitely Detailed Miniature Dioramas
- A Group Of Czech Students Recreate Weird And Strange Scenes From Medieval Books
- This Tattoo Artist Can’t Draw And That’s Precisely Why Her Clients Choose Her
- Belarusian Swimmer In A Potato Field Turned Out To Be A… Polish Model
- 2020 Dog Shaming Calendar Is Here!
- German Government Spends $450,000 On A Bold Cycling Safety Campaign, But Not Everyone Likes It
- 2020 Sarcastic Vintage Pictures Calendar Is Here!
- This Artist Creates Inventions That Solve Problems That Don’t Exist