“Virgin Galactic’s experimental spaceship broke apart in flight over California’s Mojave Desert after a device to slow the craft’s descent prematurely deployed, federal investigators said Sunday. National Transportation Safety Board Acting Chairman Christopher Hart said that while no cause for Friday’s crash of SpaceShipTwo has been determined, investigators found the “feathering” system – which rotates the tail to create drag – was activated before the craft reached the appropriate speed. The system requires a two-step process to deploy. The co-pilot unlocked the system but Hart said the second step occurred “without being commanded”. “What we know is that after it was unlocked, the feathers moved into the deploy position and two seconds later we saw disintegration” Hart said. The investigation is months from being completed and pilot error, mechanical failure, the design and whether there was pressure to continue testing are among many things being looked at, Hart said. “We are not edging toward anything, we’re not ruling anything out”, Hart said. “We are looking at all these issues to determine the root cause of this accident”.
Continue reading »
Personalized souvenir passport – is a unique souvenir, which almost does not differ from the standard passport by the the appearance and quality of materials. And, importantly, it’s a souvenir with a photo and a name of a concrete person.
October 12, 2010 The Make Me Passport Company were given a permission from the Intergalactic Identity Management to issue the passports of the Galactic Republic to all of the Earth’s inhabitants. Passports are issued only to representatives of humanoid races (listed in the Unified Register of Racial). Continue reading »
- Brazilian Artist Draws Realistic Portraits that Look Like Photographs
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- 25 Redesigns Of Famous Logos And Some Of Them Are Better Than The Original
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos
- “Tears in the Rain”: The Superb Digital Sci-Fi Concept Artworks by Daniel Liang
- Amazing Photographs Capture Everyday Life in Spanish Harlem in the Mid-1980s
- DEKOCHARI: The Youth of Japan Customise Their Pushbikes in Extreme Ways