Dominik Mayer is an artist from Germany at Pipedream Media, a studio that has worked with everything from games studios to Adidas to the Bundeswehr. And this is one of the best concept art I have ever seen. Best viewed on a big screen. Continue reading »
Even the work of the greatest artist cannot show all the beauty of the Earth. Sometimes, natural landscapes are so vibrant and extraordinary that you could be forgiven for thinking that you’re on another planet. We thought we’d share these 20 photographs with you. Each one proves just how naturally beautiful our world is — even without using photoshop. Continue reading »
As the name implies, the “Tough Guy” challenge is not for the faint of heart. The 2012 event saw nearly 6,000 ice-cool competitors from around the world flock to the British Midlands in hopes of winning the coveted title.
The competitors, both men and women, ploughed through an eight-mile assault course in Perton, near Telford, Shropshire, that was made up of “25 obscurantismalistic obstackels (sic).” With guts of steel, the gluttons for punishment waded through muddy, sub-zero swamps and crawled through electrified tunnels – all while marshals dressed as commandos fired blank artillery shells and threw thunder flashes and smoke bombs over their heads.
Sunday’s race – the 25th in the event’s history – attracted runners from over 20 nations. Each was required to sign a “death warrant,” clearing the organizers of any legal responsibilities in the event of injury or death.
German junior doctor Knut Hoehler, 26, braved muck and mayhem (and a bloody head injury) to come first, in a time of one hour 11 minutes and 57 seconds.
Competitors cross obstacles at the annual Tough Guy event in Perton, England. Tough Guy claims to be the world’s most demanding one-day survival ordeal. (Jon Super/Associated Press) Continue reading »
- Here’s How Some of Rock and Roll Legends Would Look Like Today If They Weren’t Dead
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Julianne Moore As Famous Works Of Art
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- “Let The Water Be Your Guide”: The Ultra-Realistic Watercolor Paintings Of Marcos Beccari
- “Back To The Nature”: Artist Combines Everyday Objects With Plants To Create Intriguing Sculptures And Installations
- This Alien Face Mask Is Sure To Keep Covid At Bay
- The Apocalypse Of Pop Culture By Filip Hodas
- Is It A Billboard? No, It’s A Building!
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits Of Famous Historical Figures And Their Direct Descendants