A California designer has turned a $2,000 dumpster into a fully functional home, complete with a bathroom, bed, kitchen and sun deck. Gregory Kloehn converted the dumpster in Brooklyn off of a hunch, and now he uses it whenever he stays in New York.
Kloehn added wheels to the bottom of the dumpster so it could be more easily transported and carved a custom door on the side for easy entry and exit. For drinking water, he installed a six-gallon water tank on the roof. The same water is funneled into the tiny toilet when he needs to use the bathroom. The water is also hooked up to an outdoor shower.
The red-and-black-colored interior is insulated with padding and features a small seating area. But sleeping appears uncomfortable. He appears to only barely fit inside when he lies down. The small kitchen takes up one corner of the dumpster and features a microwave and mini stove. Both run on electricity. Photos: AP Photo/John Minchillo. Continue reading »
- This Elderly German Couple Steals The Show Every Time They Go Out
- Vintage, Rare, Candid, Funny, Beautiful, Weird And Awesome Celebrity Photos
- These Beautiful 16th Century Watercolors Illustrate the History of Comets And Meteors
- Olympus Mons – The Largest Volcano in The Solar System
- “Pathologic”: Imaginative, Bizarre and Otherworldy Paintings of Peter Ferguson
- These Are the World’s Oldest Masks Ever Discovered, And Are Estimated to Be 9000 Years Old
- A McDonald’s in New Zealand Lets Diners Eat Inside a Decommissioned Airplane
- A Private Collection Of 19th Century Photographs Of Black Victorians
- A Group Of Czech Students Recreate Weird And Strange Scenes From Medieval Books
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost