An enormous crocodile mauls a young hippo calf carcass near Lower Sabie on May 11, 2014, in Kruger National Park, South Africa. An enormous crocodile tosses around a young hippo calf caught in its lethal jaws. The giant reared out of the water revealing a young hippo calf between its teeth. The huge beast then span, jumped and splashed in the water with the small carcass. Amateur photographer Roland Ross captured these incredible photographs near Lower Sabie in Kruger Park, South Africa. (Photo by Roland Ross/Barcroft Media)
Continue reading »
This is the amazing moment a heroic hippo saved a gnu from certain death. After being bitten by a crocodile, the large antelope is seen being dragged slowly under the water. But in a miraculous turn of events, a nearby hippo is seen making its way across the water to help the animal in its hour of need.
After chasing the giant crocodile away, the unlikely hero is then seen guarding the creature and even nudges the gnu to the edge of the river in effort to move it out of harm’s way. The jaw dropping moment stunned onlookers, including Israeli photographer, Vadim Onishchenko, 34, who managed to capture the rare moment on camera. Captured whilst on safari in Masai Mara in Kenya, the exhausted antelope later managed to escape to safety.
The gnu struggling to get to the bank of the river is dragged back by the crocodile. Continue reading »
Wildlife photographer Rian van Schalkwyk captured the spectacular scene as he watched the animals grazing at a safari park in Namibia. They say a mother will do anything for her child – even if it means putting herself in harm’s way. This fully-grown hippo was flipped several feet into the air as she stood her ground against an aggressive elephant bull, giving her calf time to scamper to safety. Amazingly, the mother emerged relatively unscathed from the attack, apparently suffering nothing worse than a little gash on the side of her body and a rather bruised ego. The scene was captured by wildlife photographer Rian van Schalkwyk, 40, at the Erindi Private Game Reserve in Windhoek, Namibia. (Photos by Rian van Schalkwyk/Barcroft Media) Continue reading »
- Our Dystopian Future in Dark Cyberpunk Artworks of Nagafujiriku
- Modern Logos in Chromatic Style by Martin Naumann
- Amazing Photos of the Third Generation of the Ford Thunderbird, 1961-1963
- Sensual Fine Art Self Portraits by Beth Parnaby
- Nostalgic & Thought-Provoking Illustrations by Gabriella Barouch
- John Thomson’s Remarkable Photographs of China from the 1870s
- Son Is Photoshopping His Dad Amazingly Into Movie Scenes And Unusual Places
- Big-Jacket Memes Are Coming To An Instagram Near You
- This Carpet-Covered Lada Is the Most Soviet-Era Car Ever Made
- Electric Dreams: Amazing Portraits Of ’80s Geeks