Nikolay Lobzov is a Russian painter and digital artist based in Moscow who has been paying homage to games he loves with amazing oil on canvas paintings of classic titles like Halo, Half-Life 2 and Soul Calibur. From the texture of the paint to the contrast in the medium itself, these artworks are a fun and creative ‘fan art’ tribute to video games many of us grew up playing. Continue reading »
A huge David Bowie installation has popped up in an NYC subway station, as part of a wider exhibition dedicated to the late Starman held in the capital. Entitled “David Bowie is”, the event will run up to July 15 at the Brooklyn Museum and explores the artist’s creative process and innovation through various archives. Continue reading »
Adidas unveiled its new 2012 NBA All-Star game uniforms Thursday, saying that designs are supposed to pay homage to the uniforms donned by the 1992 All-stars, which included game most valuable player Magic Johnson. Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard and Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose, who both have megadeals withh adidas, will wear bright orange versions of their signature sneaker lines – Howard, the adiPower Howard 2, and Rose, the adizero Rose 2.5.
Other gear getting a makeover include:
Warm-up jackets – along with the jerseys, these lightweight, windbreaker style, full-zip jackets feature a hardwood heather pattern inspired by the floor of the Orlando Arena in 1992 and sun-drenched Florida. They also feature elbow patches and a laser perforated color contrast.
Warm-up pants – these are functional stretch denim pants that feature mock denim stitching and pockets.
Both the jackets and pants feature tonal grey coloring with East (Blue) and West (Red) accents for a stylish off-court look to match the laid back Florida vibe.
Shorts – these woven shorts are inspired by board shorts and feature a sublimated mesh pattern for high performance and breathability. Along with the jerseys, they also feature tonal blue and red colors and three stripes of silver and gold accent coloring on the sides in order to stand out. Continue reading »
- Beautiful Photos of Debbie Harry in Blue Dress, 1979
- Stunning Photo Manipulations Of Animals Photoshopped Into The Most Random Things By Les Creatonautes
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Artist Cosplays As Well-Known Characters, Celebrities And Paintings
- Artist Illustrates How Doing Anything Is Much Better When There Are Animals Around
- This Artist Uses Her Face As A Canvas
- A 58-Year-Old Lady Creates Magical Costumes That Can Transport You to Another World
- Evocative Sculptures And Wearable Pieces Were Created With Ordinary Fabric
- Inspiring & Rare Color Photographs Of Everyday Life In Hong Kong From The Photographer Fan Ho
- Artist Creates Fantastic Surreal Edits Using Animals, Plants, People, And Objects