Osama bin Laden lookalike Ceara Francisco Helder Braga Fernandes laughs while chatting on the phone in his “Bar do Bin Laden” on April 29, 2014 in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Braga says he was known as the “Beard Man” before 9/11 but became known as a Bin Laden lookalike following the 9/11 attacks. He says he is Christian and continues to play the role to support his business. (Photo by Mario Tama/Getty Images)
Continue reading »
A mysterious burial ground dated to the late 10th and early 11th centuries A.D. has been discovered in a recent archaeological excavation in Poland. Located in the small village of Bodzia in central Poland, the site was excavated from 2007 through 2009 by archaeologists from the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
The discovery is the most recent in a series of excavations of funeral sites in Polish lands dated from the end of the 10th to the middle of the 11th century and connected to the presence of migrants, mostly from Scandinavia. Apart from the graves, the burial grounds contain rich grave goods comprising weapons, high-quality jewellery, ornaments, coins, amulets and many other finds.
Chamber grave E864 with the richly equipped burial of a young warrior. (S. Gronek) Continue reading »
- Wonderland Abandoned: The Swift Fall of “Europe’s Biggest Theme Park”
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- These Illustrations Show What’s Wrong With The Modern Society
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets
- The Story Behind John Lennon’s Psychedelic Rolls-Royce Phantom V
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s