Osama bin Laden lookalike Ceara Francisco Helder Braga Fernandes laughs while chatting on the phone in his “Bar do Bin Laden” on April 29, 2014 in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Braga says he was known as the “Beard Man” before 9/11 but became known as a Bin Laden lookalike following the 9/11 attacks. He says he is Christian and continues to play the role to support his business. (Photo by Mario Tama/Getty Images)
Continue reading »
A mysterious burial ground dated to the late 10th and early 11th centuries A.D. has been discovered in a recent archaeological excavation in Poland. Located in the small village of Bodzia in central Poland, the site was excavated from 2007 through 2009 by archaeologists from the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
The discovery is the most recent in a series of excavations of funeral sites in Polish lands dated from the end of the 10th to the middle of the 11th century and connected to the presence of migrants, mostly from Scandinavia. Apart from the graves, the burial grounds contain rich grave goods comprising weapons, high-quality jewellery, ornaments, coins, amulets and many other finds.
Chamber grave E864 with the richly equipped burial of a young warrior. (S. Gronek) Continue reading »
- Social Distance: A Graphic Story For The Coronavirus Age By Mark Haddon
- “The Book Of Bunny Suicides”: Hilariously Dark Cartoon Series By Andy Riley
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- The Twin Towers During The 1970s And Early ’80s Through Fascinating Photos
- Craftsman Gabriel Dishaw Upcycles Louis Vuitton Bags Into Elaborate ‘Star Wars’ Helmets
- Vivian Maier: Lost Photographs Of 1950s New York
- These Beautiful Yet Terrifying Surreal Pictures By Erik Johansson Will Blow Your Mind
- Photographer Tim Flach Spent Two Years Photographing Animals That May Soon Be Extinct
- Italian Graphic Designer Emanuele Abrate Perfectly Fixes The ‘World’s Worst Logos’
- 17 New Stunning Coronavirus-Themed Street Art Works From Around The World