Artist Ai Weiwei wants you to get in touch with your inner child, and he created these fantastical sculptures out of bamboo and paper to help you do it. Weiwei created these massive pieces for Le Bon Marche using kite-making techniques. The exhibit is titled, appropriately, “Er Xi” or Child’s Play, and the scenes are made up of characters from the 2,000-year old collection of tales called Shan Hai Jing, a series of stories that have been told to children for ages. Continue reading »
The festival, to celebrate Chinese New Year 2016 – the Year of the Monkey, uses more than 50 hand-sculpted lanterns and is set to run from Febuary 3 to March 6, 2016. (Photos by Justin Tallis/AFP Photo) Continue reading »
Celebrated on the 15th day of the first month of the lunar year, the stunning Lantern Festival lit up skies from China to Singapore on Feb. 6, concluding the festivities of the Chinese New Year. According to Chinese tradition, at the very beginning of a New Year when there is a full moon in the sky, there should be thousands of colorful lanterns hung out for people to appreciate.
In 2012, lanterns with themes for the Year of the Dragon wound through cities from Taipei to Shanghai.
People walk under red lanterns on display during Lantern Festival celebrations in Taipei February 5, 2012. The Lantern Festival or Yuan Xiao Jie is a Chinese festival celebrated on the fifteenth day of the first month of the lunar year in the Chinese calendar. The Lantern Festival is also known as the Little New Year since it marks the end of the series of celebrations starting from the Chinese New Year. (REUTERS / Pichi Chuang) Continue reading »
- Seriously, 2022 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- An Animal Shelter Dressed Dogs in Human Clothes to Help Them Find Homes
- Parodies of “Deep” Melodramatic Instagram Captions
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Person Uses Artificial Intelligence To Make Anime And Cartoon Characters Look More Realistic
- This Artist Makes Alternative Posters For Horror Films And TV Series In The Form Of Clay Sculptures
- Makeup Artist Keeps Transforming Herself Into Characters And Celebrities