His party’s power is long gone, his ideas mostly discredited – but Vladimir Lenin’s visage remains a fixture in much of the former Soviet Union. The thousands of statues of him spread across the vast region bring to mind poet Vladimir Mayakovsky’s ringing line of devotion: “Lenin lived, Lenin lives, Lenin will live”.
The past tense applies to many of the statues. They were torn down and pulverized by angry mobs, as happened in Kiev during the wave of protests in 2013-14, or methodically demounted by local authorities. Continue reading »
A loving couple in southwest China who have lived in a cave for 54 years have been called “a match made in heaven” by residents in the area, a mainland newspaper reports. Li Suying, now 77, married a then village cadre Liang Zifu, who is now 81, in Nanchong prefecture, Sichuan province 57 years ago. The couple moved into the natural cave three years into their marriage and have never left. Continue reading »
- Seriously, 2022 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Breathtaking Winning Images of The 2021 Drone Photo Awards
- An Animal Shelter Dressed Dogs in Human Clothes to Help Them Find Homes
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- Parodies of “Deep” Melodramatic Instagram Captions
- Breathtaking Photos Of Isolated Tribes From All Around The World
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Royal Meteorological Society: The Winners of Weather Photographer of the Year Competition 2021
- Campaign for National Parks Photography Competition 2021