This Artist Created An Incredible Optical Illusion At The Louvre Just So It Could Be Destroyed In A Few Days
Even if you have never been to Paris, you probably know that it’s a city rich in both culture and stunning architecture. There are so many things to see – from the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower to the busy narrow streets and beautiful open boulevards – all of this will make you feel like you’re a part of a romantic movie. And if you ever get to visit Paris, don’t forget to visit the Louvre – not only is it the largest art museum in the world, the building itself is a sight worth seeing as well. Continue reading »
Very patiently with a camera in his hand the Brazilian photographer Alecio de Andrade manages to capture incredible pictures of the visitors of the Louvre. He has been making these pictures for almost four decades.
What is the relation between these three scenes? All three of them are moments captured in the halls of the most famous museum in the world – the Louvre. Moments, which the photographer Alecio de Andrade has been patiently waiting for 39 whole years. Continue reading »
The French street artist known as “JR” has made the Louvre Pyramid in Paris disappear in an optical illusion created by covering the huge glass structure with a trompe l’oeil photo installation depicting the museum that surrounds it. Continue reading »
A ceremony attended by French President Nicolas Sarkozy and the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, General Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan marked the start of construction at May, 26 at the site of the Louvre Abu Dhabi, the first universal museum to be built in the capital city. In recognition of the importance of the event, the two world leaders accepted a time capsule for the museum from children of both the UAE and France. Continue reading »
- GrelkaFest 2019: The Annual Bikini Ski Day In Siberia!
- Bizarre House Hangs Perilously Over a Cliff’s Edge in Australia
- Jadayupara, The Largest Bird Sculpture In The World
- “My Surreal Hong Kong”: Superb Photo Manipulations With A Twist By Tommy Fung
- These Creepy And Disturbing Vintage Easter Bunny Photos That Will Make Your Skin Crawl
- “A Cathedral That Defined A City”: 20 Rare Photographs Of Notre Dame From The 19th Century
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- Vienna Cemetery Now Offers Lego, And You Can Recreate Funerals
- “Life Is Tough, But Keep Going”: Colorful And Sunny Illustrations By Xi Zhang
- This Artist Illustrated Her Everyday Problems With Relatable Comics