U.S. Marine Alex Minsky lost his leg and nearly died in Afghanistan three years ago, when he and his fellow Marines fell victim to a roadside bomb. After recovering from a coma and learning to use his new prosthetic leg, the Purple Heart recipient fell into depression and started drinking. Then his younger brother died unexpectedly. His drinking and depression got worse.
He challenged himself to abstain from drinking for one day. That happened to be the day he was discovered by a photographer. Minsky, now 24, has since been posing for photos, showing off his tattoos, muscles and his war injuries.
“Just because I don’t have a leg doesn’t mean it’s going to slow me down,” Minsky said. “I want people to look at me and not give up. Not quit.” Continue reading »
- Medieval Branding: Famous Logos Recreated As Medieval Brands
- Cheerful Photos of Teenage Girls in the 1940s
- Playboy Model Sara Jean Underwood Dresses Up As Your Favorite Star Wars Characters
- Chun-Li, Tifa Lockhart, Blake Belladonna: Liang Xing’s Beauty Ladies
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Unicorns Are Jerks: Coloring and Activity Book by Theo Nicole
- Bloody Brutal Vintage Crime Scene Photos From The Los Angeles Police Department Archives
- 59 Accidentally Brilliant Shots By Edas Wong
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Fascinating Nostalgic Black and White Photos of Daily Life in Michigan in 1970s and ’80s