With a unique combination of Western graffiti styles and traditional Chinese art, artist Chen Yingjie, aka Hua Tunan, is making a name for himself as one of the leading forces in the realm of street art. “China Panda” is a new grand in scale and incredibly detailed artwork, painted in Chicago on Logan Square, combining traditional Chinese ink methods and Western art graffiti by splattering ink, adding complexity and richness to the breathtaking image. The colors come to life, almost mimicking the wild and unpredictable nature of his subject. Continue reading »
New York-based artist Ray Bartkus has created a beautiful mural in the Lithuanian city of Marijampolė designed to use the surface of the water as its true canvas. Bartkus intentionally painted it upside-down so that the swimmers, rowers and swans he depicted would be reflected right-side-up onto the river Šešupė, which flows through the city’s center.
The image used to demonstrate this effect seems to have been digitally edited, though we’re sure it’s quite impressive in person regardless. Continue reading »
Steve Rolle paints the final element next to a trompe l’oeil depicting a woman and a squirrel at a window that are among features painted on the facade of the Wohngenossenschaft Soldaritaet coop apartment buildings as part of a 22,000 square meter mural in Berlin, on August 20, 2013. A group of artists working for French-based Citecreation painted the facades of the three buildings in imagery inspired by a nearby zoo and in cooperation with the buildings’ residents. (Sean Gallup/Getty Images) Continue reading »
- Photographer Asked 16 Artists To Draw His Portrait Photos In Their Own Style, And The Result Is Fabulous!
- Beautiful ‘Then And Now’ Pictures Of Women From London’s ’80s Subcultures
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- Artist Imagines Famous Cartoon Characters With Human Bodies And The Result Is Bizarre
- 1939 Pontiac Plexiglas “Ghost Car”: The First Full-Sized “See-Thru” Car Ever Made In America
- Vintage Photographs Of People Posing With Job Hunting Signs On The Streets During The Great Depression
- Maggie Out: Striking And Depressive Photographs Captured Everyday Life In Glasgow In 1980
- Artist Creates Realistic Life-Sized Female Sculptures Inspired By The Graceful Beauty Of Renaissance Art
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Breathtaking Aerial Shots Of Barcelona, Revealing The City’s Symmetry