Japan’s rainy season, or tsuyu (梅雨), can be downright oppressive. Muggy and humid weather coupled with heavy rain make it a complete sweat-fest, and for those new to that kind of weather, the idea of going outside and traveling around the country seems totally unpleasant. Continue reading »
According to a photographer Noe Alonzo: “My name is Noe and have been living in Seoul for seven years. Six of those years I have been a photographer, but people often comment that if they had a camera as good as mine, they could take nice images too. So, this rainy season I made it my goal to make create a small collection of images to show others that they too can take nice images with something as ubiquitous as a phone. Continue reading »
When he’s driving, New York-based painter Gregory Thielker takes in the views that change from moment to moment: the road, the sky, other cars. “Inside the car it’s easy to forget the outside temperature, humidity, the noise of the road”, he says. “But something happens when rain interrupts the view: the lens through which we are seeing is revealed. Water both obscures and highlights the landscape”. Gregory Thielker’s exhibition “Between here and now” will be at Castor Gallery in lower Manhattan from early March 2016. Continue reading »
Eduard Gordeev’s cityscape scenes distinctly capture the moody ambiance of dark skies and rain-soaked streets. The St. Petersburg-based photographer often features widely recognized Russian landmarks viewed through windowpanes as raindrops streak down the glass. As the rain smears colors and diffuses light, the photos nearly take on the quality of impressionist oil paintings.
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- 2021 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- World’s Greatest Gallery of Dogs Standing On Mushrooms
- This Guy Rates Benches All Around The UK And The Reviews Are Spot-On
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- 31-Year-Old Independent, Modern Woman Draws Comics On Her Observations About Society
- 50 Times People Took A Photograph And Realized It’s “Accidental Renaissance”
- Winners Of The 2020 International Landscape Photographer Of The Year Competition Have Been Announced And They’re Mesmerizing
- Photographer Documents Stay-At-Home Dads And Their Kids In Sweden
- This Guy Transformed A 1961 VW Beetle Deluxe Into A Black Matte Roadster