Before the age of digital photography, all we had were negatives and paper photos. The sad thing about it is that they tend to deteriorate over time – fading, cracking, ripping and slowly becoming almost unrecognizable. Lucky for us, there are talented people out there who dedicate their skills to restoring these fading old photos. Continue reading »
Oscar Nilsson is a Swedish sculptor and archaeologist who specializes in reconstructing faces. In one of his recent projects, he used his skills to hand-sculpt the faces of a handful of people who lived hundreds, some even thousands, of years ago using their excavated bones as a reference, giving us a unique glimpse of how those people might have looked like. Continue reading »
There’s even a subreddit called r/estoration that is full of artists that will sometimes take requests and restore old pictures for other users. In the gallery below we see the amazing transformation these artists have made to photos that may have otherwise been lost to time. Continue reading »
People in Russia have been deeply affected by the Notre-Dame de Paris cathedral blaze. The Russian authorities immediately offered the French help in restoring the architectural masterpiece, and soon Moscow will make a call for designers. Continue reading »
Two-hundred obscure photographs that have been buried in archives around the world are being brought to new life by Diana Metzinger, a young woman from Cleveland, who is restoring the images for her crowdfunding project The Grand Tour which will be running until February 4th on Kickstarter.
Last year, she chose to unearth 100 rarely-seen historic images for a restoration project entitled The Past in Focus. This campaign received so much positive feedback from backers that Diana decided to release a second edition, as well as create this new project focusing strictly on travel photography. Continue reading »
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- This Artist Shows What Everything Would Look Like If It Had A Cat’s Face
- Artist Hides Clever And Funny Signs Around His City For People To Find
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- An Animal Shelter Dressed Dogs in Human Clothes to Help Them Find Homes
- Breathtaking Winning Images of The 2021 Drone Photo Awards
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Stunning Vintage Black-and-White Photos of Edwin Smith
- Seriously, 2022 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!