A 20+ year collection of photographs documenting Hong Kong’s hauntingly beautiful construction sites encaged (cocooned!) in bamboo scaffolding, draped in brightly hued material.
Since 1993, Peter Steinhauer has documented the many facets of Asian culture, with a keen eye for architecture, urban landscape and man-made structures and environments. On his first visit to Hong Kong in 1994, arriving at the old Kai Tak International Airport, Steinhauer noticed a very large structure encaged in bamboo and swathed in yellow material–standing out beneath a canopy of clouds, glowing against the monochromatic, urban skyline. Hong Kong is the final stronghold of the bamboo scaffolders who once practiced their trade at construction sites throughout Asia. Continue reading »
Oliver Shou is a talented young self-taught photographer, roofer and traveler from San Francisco, California. Oliver shoots a lot of urban, cityscapes and rooftop photography. He focuses on geometrically fascinating environmental portraits. Shou currently based in Shanghai. Continue reading »
Pat Acton poses with matchstick models of New York skyscrapers, and a model of Hogwarts made out of matchsticks, in Gladbrook, Iowa. To create Hogwarts Pat used 602,000 matchsticks and 24 gallons of glue as he replicated every bridge, tower and window of the school seen in the Harry Potter films. (Matchstick Marvels / Barcroft Media)
- For the Last Decade, Artist and Collector Thomas Sauvin Recovered Discarded Negatives from A Recycling Plant Outside Beijing
- Beautiful Vintage Portraits of Björk in the 1980s
- Photographer Explores The Artefacts of Abandoned Former USSR Sites
- Stunning Photographs of Debbie Harry Painted by H.R. Giger, the Creator of “Alien”
- The Superb Comics About Silly Things And Weird Situations By Will Santino
- Abandoned Floating Submarine Base PB-24. The Only One Located In Russia.
- This Brush You Hold With Your Mouth Lets You Lick Your Cat
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Cthulhu Turkey: It’s a Turkey Stuffed With Octopus That People Actually Make
- The Winners of The Historic Photographer of The Year Awards 2021 Have Been Announced