Glittery, glitzy, and glam, Dubai is certainly an attention-seeker. This Middle Eastern metropolis was barely on the international radar a decade ago. Now, it’s one of the hottest destinations on the planet.
Dubai is an engineering playground of modern marvels and manmade meccas. Its rise in global prominence is astounding and its allure remains as strong as ever.
Dubai’s flamboyant hotels, dazzling shopping malls and towering skyscrapers attest to its bold vision of the future. Materialistic to the bone, the city coined the term “shopping festival” – an annual event with the sole purpose of getting people to travel to Dubai and spend money.
Ostentatious as it may be, at its heart, Dubai remains what it’s always been: a traditional Islamic town.
An aerial view of The Palm Jumeirah and Atlantis hotel in Dubai January 7, 2012. (REUTERS / Jumana El-Heloueh Continue reading »
- Man Uses 11 Shipping Containers To Build His 2,500 Square Foot Dream House, And The Inside Looks Amazing
- In An Old Village In Southern Bavaria, A Unique Ancient Pagan Tradition Is Still Alive
- This Artist Is Ruining Our Childhoods by Revealing The Secrets Of Our Beloved Characters
- This UI Engineer Makes Stunning Digital Art Entirely From HTML & CSS Code
- Russian Artists Recreate Famous Paintings And Have Much Fun
- Meet Sygmond, The Beautiful Gray Cat Of Your Nightmares
- Russian Tuning Specialists Put Tank Treads On A Bentley To Create “Bentley Ultratank”
- These Pics Are Composed Of As Many Pixels As There Are Animals Still Alive In These Species
- “Dancing With Sharks”: Incredible Underwater Photography By Juan Oliphant
- Unbelievable Hyper-Realistic Sculptures By Andy Wright