Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) used matte paintings to create the Rebel hangar in Return of The Jedi. Models also played apart. But it’s the artwork that stands out. Nowadays, photorealistic CGI is the default technology for special effects, but in the 70s and 80s, background sets in movies were hand-painted.
These matte paintings were created by Chris Evans, Mike Pangrazio, Frank Ordaz, Harrison Ellenshaw, and Ralph McQuarrie. Continue reading »
- Finally, The 2022 Chicken Daddies Calendar Is Here!
- Beautiful Colorized Photos of Helsinki, Finland in the 1930s
- Bizarre and Grotesque Illustrations by Alex Gamsu Jenkins
- “Papriko 420”: A Humorous Art Project For Those Who Are Stoned
- Simon Lee’s Superb Sculptures of Hellish Monsters from the Underworld
- Inside the Vibrant World of Aurélia Durand
- Illustrations & Creatures by Luiza Kwiatkowska
- “Age of the Succubus”: The Demonic and Dark Tales of Nona Limmen
- This Artist Creates Dystopian Generative Cityscapes with Neural Networks
- Beautiful Photos Of People’s Choice Award For Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2021