Photo of the Day: Wooded Walk in Nepal
A Nepalese devotee walks to a temple to offer prayers on the occasion of the Janai Purnima festival, or Sacred Thread festival, in Kavre district, 28 miles east of Katmandu, Nepal, Aug. 13. On Janai Purnima, Hindus take holy baths and perform their annual change of the Janai, a sacred cotton string worn around their chest or tied on the wrist, in the belief that it will protect and purify them. (Laxmi Prasad Ngakhusi / AP) Click image to zoom.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Chameleons Will Hold Anything You Give Them, and They Look Like Tiny Old Men!
- People Are Hilariously Roasting ‘Target’ Fashion Designers By Taking These Pics Wearing Their Dresses
- This Artist Creates Beautifully Bizarre Backpacks That Look Like Octopus, Spiders, And Beetles
- Stunning Photos Of 2021 Natural Landscape Photography Awards
- This Artist Turns Sketches Into Amazing Digital Art
- Photographer Captured Amazing Photos of Christmas Tree Decorated with Goats in Morocco
- Stunning Winning Photos Of Nature inFocus Photography Contest 2021
- Russian Pixel Melancholy by Dmitry Bogolyubov
- Artist Carves Tiny Birds Under A Microscope To Make The Outside World Disappear
- Photographer Decided To Include People In Her Photographic Series “Cats In Venice” And Something Beautiful Happened