Anyone trying to touch or pick up these 3D sculptures is in for a surprise. Serbian artist Nikola Culjic’s drawings look like 3D images when viewed at 45 degrees. The art works are created just with pencils, crayons and a single sheet of paper, with the upper part of the paper cut out. Culjic, 31, has drawn more than 200 artworks over the last four years, including animals, household objects and characters from film and television. Check out the stunning series of lifelike drawings! Continue reading »
French muralist Julien Malland (aka Seth – previously) has been extremely prolific over the last year, traveling to far flung locations around the world including China, Tahiti, New Zealand, Italy, Canada, and even the Reunion Islands in just the last few months alone. Seth paints large-scale human figures—mostly children—that appear faceless, cut off by the edges of buildings or turned completely away from the viewer, as if looking out into the world or witnessing something we cannot see. Continue reading »
Hate the rain? What if it transformed a dull street into a river bursting with colorful fish?
A group of designers from South Korea teamed up with Pantone to bring life to the gloomy, rainy streets of Seoul by creating huge street paintings that only appear when it rains.
Continue reading »
California-based Rick Satava found the sight of thousands of jellyfish lazily swimming in a glass aquarium mesmerizing when he visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium in the late 1980s.
Satava saw an opportunity to make art out of what he saw, and had the idea to capture the haunting beauty of jellyfish in glass.
Continue reading »
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- This Retired Cabinet Maker Goes Viral For Making Broken And Weird Furniture That Belongs In Disney Movies
- The Superb Bizarre AR Artworks By Nikita Replyanski, A Technological Artist And Cyber Fashion Designer
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- The Everyday Struggles Of All Plus-Size Women Depicted By The Artist Gabriele Pennacchioli
- Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How Life Before AutoCAD Looked Like
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- Biochemist Elzbieta Kurowska Creates Stunning Liquid Biomorphic Structures
- Inside A 1947 Boeing 377 Stratocruiser, The Largest And Fastest Aircraft In Commercial Service