These amazing color photos of Belfast capture the shipyards, the lively streets, the everyday life, the fashion, and document a city worlds away from the one we know today. The pictures were taken by documentary and Press photographer, Bert Hardy, who’s best known for his work in the Picture Post magazine. Continue reading »
A member of staff prepares herself a crisp sandwich in the Simply Crispy sandwich cafe in Belfast, northern Ireland January 12, 2015. The sandwich shop which opened on Monday is the world’s first crisp sandwich cafe, local media reported. The idea of a crisp sandwich cafe started as a joke article on a website called Ulster Fry. The hilarious piece poked fun at recent ridiculous foody trends like the cereal café that opened in London last year. What was once a satirical joke has now become reality, after Belfast cafe owner Andrew McMenamin decided to make it happen. Customers will be able to choose their bread and crisps and add cheese or ham to their sandwich, which will be served with soup and chips. (Photo by Cathal McNaughton/Reuters)
Continue reading »
Antonio Olmos photographs the walls built across Northern Ireland’s capital city as a means of defusing sectarian tension. There are 99 of them, dividing nationalist Catholic neighbourhoods from loyalist Protestant ones. Some of the walls date from the early years of the Troubles, but an estimated one-third have gone up since the IRA ceasefire in 1994. Now, ‘peace gates’ are being opened in some walls in an attempt to foster greater links between communities.
The biggest peace wall in Belfast runs along Cupar Way. It divides the east Belfast loyalist area of Shankill Road from the Catholic Springfield/Falls Roads area of west Belfast. Continue reading »
- Chameleons Will Hold Anything You Give Them, and They Look Like Tiny Old Men!
- This Artist Turns Sketches Into Amazing Digital Art
- Stunning Photos Of 2021 Natural Landscape Photography Awards
- Stunning Winning Photos Of Nature inFocus Photography Contest 2021
- People Are Hilariously Roasting ‘Target’ Fashion Designers By Taking These Pics Wearing Their Dresses
- Artist Carves Tiny Birds Under A Microscope To Make The Outside World Disappear
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of ’80s Young Women
- Artist Makes Caricatures That Capture Dogs’ Most Prominent Features
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021
- Photographer Decided To Include People In Her Photographic Series “Cats In Venice” And Something Beautiful Happened