The Eclipse, reported to be the largest private yacht in the world, is viewed docked at a pier in New York on February 19, 2013 in New York City. The boat, which measures 557ft in length and is estimated to cost 1.5 billion US dollars, is owned by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich and arrived into New York on Wednesday. Photos by Spencer Platt.
Eclipse is a luxury motor yacht constructed by Blohm + Voss in Hamburg, Germany. Its exterior and interior were designed by Terence Disdale Design and its naval architect was Francis Design. The yacht was delivered to Russian businessman Roman Abramovich on 9 December 2010. At 163.5 metres (536 ft) long, Eclipse is the world’s largest private yacht, 0.5 metres (1 ft 8 in) longer than the Dubai, which belongs to Sheikh Mohammed, the ruler of Dubai. The yacht’s cost has been estimated at €340 million (approx. US$475M as of September 2011), but a September 2009 report indicated that final costs could approach €800 million (US$1.12B). Continue reading »
- Finally, The 2022 Chicken Daddies Calendar Is Here!
- Beautiful Colorized Photos of Helsinki, Finland in the 1930s
- Bizarre and Grotesque Illustrations by Alex Gamsu Jenkins
- “Papriko 420”: A Humorous Art Project For Those Who Are Stoned
- Simon Lee’s Superb Sculptures of Hellish Monsters from the Underworld
- Inside the Vibrant World of Aurélia Durand
- Illustrations & Creatures by Luiza Kwiatkowska
- “Age of the Succubus”: The Demonic and Dark Tales of Nona Limmen
- This Artist Creates Dystopian Generative Cityscapes with Neural Networks
- Beautiful Photos Of People’s Choice Award For Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2021