A small fishing village on Canada’s East Coast has been hit by a sudden flood of tourists after a 150ft tall iceberg became visible near its shoreline over Easter weekend, and they might have to get used to it. Continue reading »
Behold the super-slimy awesomeness that is the Black Sea Hare (Aplysia vaccaria), the world’s largest species of sea slug, weighing up to 30 lbs and measuring over 3 feet long. Black Sea Hares come to shore to lay their eggs and are apparently even slimier to the touch than they look. Continue reading »
The Royal Academy of Art in London is featuring an exclusive exhibition dedicated to the spectacular landscape works of English painter-photographer, David Hockney.
The “one man show” which runs from Jan-April, 2012 is dedicated to a single genre by the artists – landscapes – and comprises the use of high-tech tools, multi cameras and low-tech media-like paintings.
According to Bloomberg, the phrase “A Bigger Picture” can be interpreted in two different ways. One is that the larger the picture, the closer the viewer feels to it.
The other implication of the phrase is that Hockney has used the medium of multiple cameras such that the viewer can see the picture from varying angles.
British artist David Hockney poses with his painting “The Arrival of Spring in Woldgate, East Yorkshire in 2011 (twenty-eleven)” at the Royal Academy of Arts in London January 16, 2012. The Royal Academy will exhibit new landscape works by Hockney in an exhibition from January 21 to April 9. (Reuters) Continue reading »
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- 35 Brides Before And After Their Wedding Makeup That You’ll Barely Recognize
- Vintage Portraits Of Psychiatric Patients In The Late 19th Century
- From Amazing To Downright Scary, These 69 Design Decisions In Soviet Apartment Buildings In Lithuania Are Far From Boring
- Russian Lara Croft Cosplayer Ended Up In A Grip Of A Massive Bear
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove
- “Mersey Paradise”: Photographer Tom Wood Spent Decades Photographing The Pubs, Clubs And Bus Rides Of Liverpool – And The People Who Inhabited Them
- From The Depths Of Your Nightmares – The Fantastically Disturbing Creepy Art Of Trevor Henderson