A small fishing village on Canada’s East Coast has been hit by a sudden flood of tourists after a 150ft tall iceberg became visible near its shoreline over Easter weekend, and they might have to get used to it. Continue reading »
Behold the super-slimy awesomeness that is the Black Sea Hare (Aplysia vaccaria), the world’s largest species of sea slug, weighing up to 30 lbs and measuring over 3 feet long. Black Sea Hares come to shore to lay their eggs and are apparently even slimier to the touch than they look. Continue reading »
The Royal Academy of Art in London is featuring an exclusive exhibition dedicated to the spectacular landscape works of English painter-photographer, David Hockney.
The “one man show” which runs from Jan-April, 2012 is dedicated to a single genre by the artists – landscapes – and comprises the use of high-tech tools, multi cameras and low-tech media-like paintings.
According to Bloomberg, the phrase “A Bigger Picture” can be interpreted in two different ways. One is that the larger the picture, the closer the viewer feels to it.
The other implication of the phrase is that Hockney has used the medium of multiple cameras such that the viewer can see the picture from varying angles.
British artist David Hockney poses with his painting “The Arrival of Spring in Woldgate, East Yorkshire in 2011 (twenty-eleven)” at the Royal Academy of Arts in London January 16, 2012. The Royal Academy will exhibit new landscape works by Hockney in an exhibition from January 21 to April 9. (Reuters) Continue reading »
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Woman Continues To Hilariously Recreate Celebrity Instagram Photos, And The Result Is Better Than The Original
- Amazing Rare Photographs of The Romanovs’ Final Ball In Color, St Petersburg, Russia 1903
- “Creating a New Visual Reality”: Dark and Cinematic Illustrations by Katherine Lam
- Meet A Woman Who Keeps 500 Plants In Her Brooklyn Apartment
- “When God Comes Back”: Dark Brutal Macabre Illustrations by Ash Thorp
- The Most Controversial Ultrarealistic Art Sculptures By Patricia Piccinini
- Hilariously Bad Celebrity Portraits by Twitter Picasso
- Clever Tables That Create An Illusion Animals Are Emerging From Water
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove