Childbirth was already an incredibly difficult and painful process that required strength and tenacity. But the pandemic added an entirely new layer to giving birth in 2020.
While the childbirth photographers that capture these precious moments lost much of their work last year, the images that were captured only emulated the beauty of new life amid so much grief.
The International Association of Professional Birth Photographers (IABPB) announced the winners of their annual birth photo competition this month. The entries from across the globe were judged in five categories: birth details, labor, delivery, postpartum, and Fresh 48 (which documents the first few hours of life).
Best in category: delivery. “The Greatest Love In The World,” by Anne Lucy Silva Barbosa of Anne Lucy Fotografia who lives in Brazil. (Anne Lucy Silva Barbosa/Anne Lucy Fotografia) Continue reading »
The Birth and Beyond Photography Contest is a Dutch-based brand new international competition in the wonderful and (still) growing field of Birth and Beyond Photography. Continue reading »
Some couples feel like traditional pregnancy photos are too boring. That’s why British Columbia-based couple Nicole and Todd Cameron staged a photoshoot straight out of the movie “Alien”. Continue reading »
108,000 saplings were planted in the tiny mountain Kingdom to commemorate the first Royal Child of His Majesty King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck and Her Majesty Queen Jetsun Pema. Continue reading »
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- How Male Beauty Standards Have Changed Over 100 Years
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Russian Artist Draw Interesting Pupils Of The Eyes, Here Are 11 Of Them
- Low Resolution Pets Behind Pixelated Glass Doors
- Stunning Winning Photos Of The Drone Photo Awards 2021
- Winning Photographs Of The Urban Photo Awards 2021
- Single Guy Recreates His Twin Sister’s Baby Photos Using A Cat
- Joyful Illustrations of the Artist Who Misses Soviet Days