Jon McNaughton, an artist known for painting provocative images within politics, has released his latest controversial painting of President Barack Obama holding a burning Constitution, in a photo that has gone viral on the Internet.
The newest painting, “One Nation Under Socialism,” shows a smug Obama holding a copy of the Constitution in his hands while it burns. According to McNaughton, Obama’s hands represent “his recognition of what is happening [to the Constitution] as it goes up” [in flames].
According to McNaughton, he chose the title to convey his opinion about the growing trend of socialism in the U.S.
“When the people are willing to sacrifice the next generation for their current lifestyles and allow the federal government to have all the power for an illusory mess of pottage-you have chosen One Nation Under Socialism,” he wrote.
McNaughton said socialism has never worked in the past, also providing a link to an article from The Free Man Online, as to why socialism failed.
“In the history of the world, never has there been a recorded example where Socialism has led to the betterment of the human condition or improved the liberty of the people,” he said.
However, McNaughton said there are other components to this painting though he is not ready to spill all just yet. McNaughton told CBS that this painting “has brought out more feelings among those on both the right and left than my other previous political paintings.”
Jon McNaughton has painted other provocative, and controversial for some, paintings in the past, including one of President Obama stepping on the Constitution.
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Wonderland Abandoned: The Swift Fall of “Europe’s Biggest Theme Park”
- These Illustrations Show What’s Wrong With The Modern Society
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets
- The Story Behind John Lennon’s Psychedelic Rolls-Royce Phantom V
- One Eyeland World’s Top Black & White Photographers 2021
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- 30 Thought-Provoking And Honest Illustrations About Our Lives By Stephan Schmitz