In 2011, Gabi Mann was a four-year-old in Seattle with a habit of dropping her food. A chicken nugget might fall off her lap while she’s getting out of the car, and Gabi wouldn’t pick it up. Instead, the crows rushed to the forgotten morsel and hoped for another bite. Gabi eventually noticed this pattern and rewarded their attention by sharing some of her packed lunch on the way to the bus stop.
Continue reading »
The company Pugedon has come up with an effective way to both look after the environment and care for animals living on the streets. In one city, they set up vending machines which fill up special trays with food when an empty plastic bottle is placed in them. The profit made from the recycled bottles covers the costs of providing the food for the animals. Continue reading »
A tiger plays with a pumpkin at the Oakland Zoo in Oakland, Calif., on Friday, Nov. 8, 2013. Over the next few months visitors will be able to view animals feasting on and playing with thousands of the leftover donated pumpkins. (Anda Chu/Bay Area News Group) Continue reading »
To most of us, hand-feeding crocodiles might sound like a one-way ticket to a watery grave. But for Jose Eduardo Chaves Salas, 32, coming within inches of the fearsome creatures’ razor-sharp teeth is all in a day’s work. He runs Jose’s Crocodile River Tour on the Tarcoles River in Costa Rica, where tourists can watch him feed crocs up to 17 feet long.
“At first it’s very scary to be next to these huge creatures in their natural habitat, but with time and practice you lose the nerves and get used to it”, Jose said. The croc whisperers are based in the town of Tarcoles, in Central Pacific Costa Rica, around an hour’s drive from the capital of San José where Jose was born. Despite their terrifying reputation, the Costa Rican is keen to dispel the idea that crocodiles are aggressive and out-of-control. “They are not violent or dangerous if you are knowledgeable about them and know how to work with them”, Jose said.
A tour guide dangles a piece of meat above the open jaws of a crocodile on the banks of the Tarcoles river in Tarcoles, Costa Rica. (Barcroft Media) Continue reading »
- The Psyduck Pokemon Sexy Cosplay By Beautiful Helena Steele
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Adorable German Shorthair Assumes Many Different Looks And Poses In Whimsical Photo Series
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- 25 Rare And Cool Polaroid Prints Of Teen Girls In The 1970s
- Mind-Blowing Before And After Pictures Of Makeup Makeovers
- Beauties Of Octoberfest, The World’s Most Iconic Beer Festival 2019
- These Pics Are Composed Of As Many Pixels As There Are Animals Still Alive In These Species
- The World’s Largest Photography Competition Announced 100 Finalists From Over A Million Entries And Here’s 30 Of Them
- People From Around The World Edited These Man And Woman Headshots To Look Trendy In Their Country