Pierre Jean-Louis, a visual artist from US, creates mesmerizing portraits of black women by transforming their hair into flowery galaxies. By turning their Afros into works of art in his series, “Black Girl Magic,” Jean-Louis wants to inspire black women to embrace their African heritage. Continue reading »
Cassandra Gee is a 3-year-old little artist. She loves going to the beach, elephants, fairies and painting. On canvas she uses acrylic paint and manipulates it with a fork or a skewer, and then adds a touch of glitter (toddlers and glitter… need we say more?). And her paintings look like real galaxies! Continue reading »
In a workshop far, far away, artist Tony Larson recreates amazing Star Wars landscapes complete with our favorite iconic characters! Yoda, R2D2, and Ewoks strike action poses in glass enclosures filled with rocks, moss, and sand. George Lucas would be proud of the tiny globes, jars, and bowls from from Larson’s “The Wonder Room“. The tiny living sci-fi worlds are available through his Etsy Store, starting at around $100.00 for each realistic miniature scene.
Continue reading »
The Antennae Galaxies are seen in this image made from the parabolic antennas of the ALMA project in the Atacama desert, some 1,074 miles north of Santiago, Chile and 16,404 feet above sea level. The astronomy observatory has officially opened for astronomers. ALMA will have 66 high precision antennas which will work together as a single giant telescope to study the universe, molecular gas, dust of stars, galaxies and planetary systems, the ESO said. (ALMA, NASA/Reuters) Click image to zoom.
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of ’80s Young Women
- People Are Hilariously Roasting ‘Target’ Fashion Designers By Taking These Pics Wearing Their Dresses
- Jay Ohrberg’s Bizarre Double-Wide Limousine From the 1980s
- Photographer Decided To Include People In Her Photographic Series “Cats In Venice” And Something Beautiful Happened
- Russian Pixel Melancholy by Dmitry Bogolyubov
- Anti-Coyote Vests For Dogs Are More Punk Rock Than You’d Expect
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- This Artist Creates Beautifully Bizarre Backpacks That Look Like Octopus, Spiders, And Beetles
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- This Is Supercool 3D Printed Jesus Mecha Christ Transformer