Being stuck in quarantine with nothing to do can really mess with your mind. You constantly worry about your own and your loved ones’ health and it seems like there’s not much else you can think of while you’re stuck within four walls. But today we have something that will take your mind away from all of your coronavirus-related worries. Far away – over 300 million miles away.
NASA has recently shared a handful of new photos of Jupiter taken by the Juno spacecraft and they’ll take your breath away. Check them out in the gallery below – we’re pretty sure one of them will end up as your desktop background.
1. NASA’s Juno spacecraft was a little more than one Earth diameter from Jupiter when it captured this mind-bending, color-enhanced view of the planet’s tumultuous atmosphere. Continue reading »
Juno is NASA’s current mission attempting to understand the origin and evolution of Jupiter. The spacecraft is equipped with a suite of science instruments including several high-tech cameras that have been transmitting incredible images back to Earth for processing and analysis.
Close-up images of the gas giant are awe-striking and the patterns and colours have drawn comparisons to van Gogh’s iconic impressionist-style paintings. Below you will find 10 images from Jupiter taken by Juno that look like van Gogh himself could have painted. Continue reading »
The stunning, enhanced-color image above, featured in a news release by NASA, is based on a photo of Jupiter’s south pole captured by the Juno spacecraft on December 11th, 2016. Juno’s citizen science camera has been snapping glorious images of the gas giant ever since it arrived in orbit around Jupiter last July. The images are then released to the public, which has been turning them into even more magnificent works of space art. Continue reading »
- This Guy Rates Benches All Around The UK And The Reviews Are Spot-On
- Photographer Documents Stay-At-Home Dads And Their Kids In Sweden
- 50 Times People Took A Photograph And Realized It’s “Accidental Renaissance”
- Minimalistic Illustrations That Tackle Mental Health By “Worry Lines”
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Winter Is Coming, So Please Enjoy This Insane 1980s Book Of Knitted Sweaters
- The Story Of The Wind And The Sea: Latvia-Based Vietnamese Artist Perfectly Illustrates Baltic Tales And Legends
- Beautiful Portraits Of Rare And Endangered Birds That Look Simply Stunning
- Winners Of The 2020 International Landscape Photographer Of The Year Competition Have Been Announced And They’re Mesmerizing
- Black and White Photos Show the ’80s Street Fashion Styles of Young People