Just after the release of a certain obscure Australian art film comes Wildfox Couture‘s Great Gatsby-inspired fall lookbook. The clothes are decadent, the atmosphere is trippy, and the styling is mercifully non-literal about its 1920s roots (there are few of us who can pull off the head-to-toe flapper thing without looking costume, or even want to). The only thing that’s missing is a t-shirt printed with the eyes of Dr. T.J. Eckleburg. Continue reading »
The Russian militia was officially renamed police with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev signing a law on police reform.
Russian police doesn’t enjoy much respect among the people. They are known for corruption, ignorance, skirting the law, unfairness, carelessness, disrespecting the people they’re supposed to protect and periodically arresting some of the people when no laws had been violated.
Since not too many of you will ever come face-to-face with these guardians of law, you may find these photos entertaining. Pictured are reportedly the new police uniforms, continuing in the fine traditions of the old Soviet ugliness and institutional design. Looks like the models are the real men and women of the Russian police; it’s hard for anyone else to imitate the indifferent, self-important faces, with dead eyes and no sign of mental activity. Continue reading »
- Beautiful Photos Of People’s Choice Award For Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2021
- Spectacular Photographs of Newcastle in the 1970s
- German Artist Shows What’s Problematic About Modern Societies In His Illustrations
- Beautiful and Frightening: Mako Vice’s Bizarre Drawn Girls
- Story of My F*cking Life: A Journal for Banishing the Bullsh*t, Unlocking Your Creativity, and Celebrating the Absurdity of Life
- Grimes, Rita Ora & Iggy Pop: The First Look On The Pirelli’s 2022 ‘On The Road’ Calendar
- Artist Creates Colorful Illustrations Of Inviting And Cozy Japanese Houses
- Best Photos From 2021 International Wedding Photographer Of The Year Contest
- Finally, The 2022 Chicken Daddies Calendar Is Here!
- Jail Feet’s Tattooed Feet