A man from Yakutsk has put up a unique thing to sale – the only in the world hat from mammoth fur. The hat costs about 10 thousand dollars. Continue reading »
The best-preserved mammoth carcass ever to be found, dubbed “Yuka” by scientists, was delivered to the Central Artist House on October 28 before the onset of the Russian Geographical Society Festival.
Continue reading »
The world’s best-preserved baby mammoth is going on show in a premier shopping mall in Hong Kong. Lyuba, a female baby mammoth, was discovered in Siberian mountains by reindeer herder and hunter Yuri Khudi in May 2007. Researchers claimed that Lyuba could have drowned 40,000 years ago when she was just a month old. Lyuba weighs 50kg (110lb), stands 85cm (30in) high and measures 130cm from trunk to tail, roughly the same size as a large dog.
Scientists believe that Lyuba could have died from suffocation when her herd was crossing a river. They think she got stuck in deep mud in the riverbed. The researchers claim that the clay-like substance preserved the mammoth’s body in a near pristine state. Zoologists found undamaged skin and organs, milk from her mother in her stomach, and fecal matter in her intestine.
“She was doing great, very healthy. She just had this terrible misfortune,” Dan Fisher, palaeontologist at the University of Michigan, told the Daily Mail.
Researchers believe that by examining Lyuba body they can gain more insight about the Ice Age and what led to the extinction of mammals. Recently, researchers had discovered another baby woolly mammoth in Siberia, named Yuka.
The carcass of a well-preserved baby mammoth, named Lyuba, is seen during a media preview in Hong Kong April 10, 2012. (Reuters) Continue reading »
A model presents a creation by Belarusian designer Evgeny Ivanchik during the Festival of Vanguard Art, Mammoth 2011, in Minsk, Ukraine. (Reuters) Continue reading »
- People Are Hilariously Roasting ‘Target’ Fashion Designers By Taking These Pics Wearing Their Dresses
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of ’80s Young Women
- Jay Ohrberg’s Bizarre Double-Wide Limousine From the 1980s
- Photographer Decided To Include People In Her Photographic Series “Cats In Venice” And Something Beautiful Happened
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Russian Pixel Melancholy by Dmitry Bogolyubov
- Stunning Winning Photos Of Nature inFocus Photography Contest 2021
- Finalists and Winners of The Head On Portrait Award 2021
- Winners & Finalists Of Street Photography Awards 2021