Halloween, the high holy day of spooky season, has a sort of Spooky Scale that runs the gamut from the casual black cat, full moon, or harmless jack-o’-lantern to the extremes of disembodied corpses, chainsaw massacre enactments or, even scarier, the thought of paying bills every month under the terror of COVID-19. Continue reading »
Arne Svenson describes the fading black and white photographs which stare back at us in antique stores and are thrown carelessly on flea market tables as “orphaned”—nameless and abandoned from the context of their history. Continue reading »
The Arisvaldo de Campos Pires, a high security prison in Juiz de Fora, 160km north of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, is unlike similar structures anywhere else in the world.
In here, inmates sentenced for such severe crimes as robbery and murder are now knitting high-fashion clothes for Brazilian fashion designer Raquel Guimaraes, in exchange for 75% of national minimum wage and reduced sentences; they get a day cut from their sentence for every three days knitting. It all started in 2009, when Guimaraes trained prisoners in drawing and designing, as well as in high-quality knitting. At the time, she was looking for knitters for her brand Doiselles.
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- These Realistic Animal Paintings Show How We Neglect Them
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Richard Saunders Creates Giant Bushes In The Shape Of His Deceased Cat
- Artist Sums Up Our Everyday Lives In These Humorous One-Panel Comics