Russian digital painter Vladimir Malakhovsky has created a series of bold canvases. He’s combined two subjects, both of which are very important in Russia: Space exploration vs the Orthodox church. Continue reading »
The Second Vatican Council Document Orientalium Ecclesiarum, The Decree on the Catholic Churches of the East, says:
“All members of the Eastern Rite should know and be convinced that they can and should always preserve their legitimate liturgical rite and their established way of life…” (no. 6) Continue reading »
Some weird advertising for the “Saint Michael Orthodox Christian Cemetery“. Advertising for cemetery is something you don’t see everyday, if on top of that it their’re weird… Continue reading »
Photographer Kristina Makeeva masterfully uses her camera to capture the magic of Moscow during the winter season. On January 7th, she continued to do so while celebrating Orthodox Christmas—not by going to church, but by visiting Russia’s iconic sites to reflect on her country’s beauty and history. At Moscow’s Red Square, Kremlin, and the locations of many spectacular light displays, Makeeva engaged with these dreamy settings filled with a flurry of bright lights and colorful energy. Continue reading »
Some time ago, The Union of Architects of Russia and Union of Philanthropy Organizations of Russia have announced a competition called “The Image of an Orthodox Church in a Modern Architectural Solution”. The competition will conclude with the selection of the 10 best architectural projects, which wil be put on display at the Cathedral of Christ the Savior in Moscow, RIA Novosti reports.
“First of all the projects should be focused not on stylizing cathedral architecture of past eras but rather on expressing in the image of the cathedral traditional features alongside modern aesthetics,” the organizers note.
The jury and expert council include representatives of the architecture community and the Russian Orthodox Church as well as historians of church architecture.
Take a look at some fantastic examples below! Continue reading »
- Japanese Photographer Brings Action Figures To Life In Impressive Shots
- Your Very Own Harrier Jet: This Jet Will Go Down In History As One Of The All Time Great Classic British Aircraft
- China 2050: The Future Of China According To A Photographer Benoit Cezard
- Kathleen Ryan Sculptures Look Like Moldy Fruit But Are Actually Made Of Gemstones
- Photographer Captured Post-Apocalyptic Images Of Abandoned Bangkok Shopping Mall That Hides A Fishy Secret
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- These Pics Are Composed Of As Many Pixels As There Are Animals Still Alive In These Species
- Artist Recreates His Own Childhood Drawings 20+ Years Later
- Athletic Clothing Company Has Launched A Controversial Ad Campaign Shows Marine Vet With Hogtied ‘Trump’
- Back In 1980, Citröen Had A Somewhat Amusing Idea Of The Future