Jessie Smith left her home in South Carolina before the First World War and spent the next two decades working as a prostitute in New Castle. Her mug shot was taken on 22 February, 1932, after she stole a client’s pocketbook.
When the police department of the once-prosperous small town of New Castle, Pennsylvania, threw out thousands of mid-century mug shots in the late 1990s, a few hundred were saved from destruction by one police officer. The pictures ended up scattered across the world after he sold themon ebay. Continue reading »
This is the scene along Kistler Road in Heidelberg Township on a fall day. Fall scenes from the northern Lehigh County area on Wednesday, October 15, 2014. (Donna Fisher/The Morning Call) Continue reading »
Jill Shapiro takes photographs of the falling snow at a park in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania. A classic nor’easter is moving along the East Coast and is expected to dump anywhere from a dusting of snow to about 10 inches throughout the region starting Saturday, a decidedly unseasonal date for a type of storm more associated with midwinter. (Gene J. Puskar/Associated Press) Click image to zoom.
- Asian Drivers Are Using Terrifying Reflective Decals On Rear Windows To Fight Against High-Beam Users
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Candid Snapshots Capture Everyday Life Of Vancouver Youth In The 1970s
- Cool Pics Of 20 Great ’80s Classic Cars That Time Forgot
- A Photographer Travels Across India To Show How Beautiful And Diverse Local People Are, And We’re Mesmerized
- Zombie Gnomes Are A Perfect Way To Keep Everyone From Your Lawn
- Panoramic Photos That Went Horribly Wrong
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- The Sky Swimming Pool At This Hotel Has A Window In It
- The Extremely Rare Black Leopard Confirmed In Africa For First Time In 100 Years