Jessie Smith left her home in South Carolina before the First World War and spent the next two decades working as a prostitute in New Castle. Her mug shot was taken on 22 February, 1932, after she stole a client’s pocketbook.
When the police department of the once-prosperous small town of New Castle, Pennsylvania, threw out thousands of mid-century mug shots in the late 1990s, a few hundred were saved from destruction by one police officer. The pictures ended up scattered across the world after he sold themon ebay. Continue reading »
This is the scene along Kistler Road in Heidelberg Township on a fall day. Fall scenes from the northern Lehigh County area on Wednesday, October 15, 2014. (Donna Fisher/The Morning Call) Continue reading »
Jill Shapiro takes photographs of the falling snow at a park in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania. A classic nor’easter is moving along the East Coast and is expected to dump anywhere from a dusting of snow to about 10 inches throughout the region starting Saturday, a decidedly unseasonal date for a type of storm more associated with midwinter. (Gene J. Puskar/Associated Press) Click image to zoom.
- “Cock And Balls”: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- “Float Around”: Photos From Nirvana’s Underwater “Nevermind” Shoot
- Here Are The Most Interesting Things This Geologist Found On Google Earth
- These Dull Passport Photos Are Hiding Hilarious Secrets
- Hungarian Graphic Design Student Barbara Bernat Redesigns the Euro
- An Artist Brilliantly Illustrates The Truth Behind Creative Jobs
- 35 Examples Of Incredibly Bad Design
- Lizzy Gadd’s Photography Truly Shows The Difference Between A “Selfie” And A Self-Portrait
- Artist Illustrates Honest Feelings That We Keep To Ourselves In 22 Candy Heart Comics
- A Painting Or A Meme? A Look At Joseph Ducreux