Jessie Smith left her home in South Carolina before the First World War and spent the next two decades working as a prostitute in New Castle. Her mug shot was taken on 22 February, 1932, after she stole a client’s pocketbook.
When the police department of the once-prosperous small town of New Castle, Pennsylvania, threw out thousands of mid-century mug shots in the late 1990s, a few hundred were saved from destruction by one police officer. The pictures ended up scattered across the world after he sold themon ebay. Continue reading »
This is the scene along Kistler Road in Heidelberg Township on a fall day. Fall scenes from the northern Lehigh County area on Wednesday, October 15, 2014. (Donna Fisher/The Morning Call) Continue reading »
Jill Shapiro takes photographs of the falling snow at a park in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania. A classic nor’easter is moving along the East Coast and is expected to dump anywhere from a dusting of snow to about 10 inches throughout the region starting Saturday, a decidedly unseasonal date for a type of storm more associated with midwinter. (Gene J. Puskar/Associated Press) Click image to zoom.
- Please Don’t Step On The Fish! Vietnam’s Unique Flooded Cafe
- 12 Reasons Why I Love Her
- 18 Times When People Fixed Their Cars With Creativity Instead Of A Car Service
- 30 Of The Most Epic 3D Tattoos
- A Great White Shark Preserved In Formaldehyde In An Abandoned Wildlife Park
- Extraordinary Black And White Photographs Of London In The Early 1950s
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- This Photographer Took One Family’s Photo In The Same Way Each Year For 23 Years
- 15 Exquisite Illustrations Which Sum Up Perfectly How Much We Love Our Pets
- The Funniest “Unattended Children” Warning Signs